Budget 2012

The influx of idiot bogmen onto this forum makes threads like these comedy gold.

Itā€™s the fella with the big teeth

I own many suits.

The wine was flying off the shelves at Tesco in Merrion this evening. The middle classes are in full-on panic buying mode.

the most expensive part of the budget will be the bill for all the overtime the cops will get for hanging round government buildings and adjoining side streets tonite with not a sinner aboutā€¦they were everywhere and even 3 dublin bus loads of them keeping warm parked up on kildare streetā€¦grattan lane blocked offā€¦didnĀ“t they know the shinners would be off watching celtic??..

It is basic supply side economics Sidney.Get price adjustment, reduce labour rates, encourage the disincentive to work from the dole (provided you can get a job of course). The economy becomes competitive and growth resumes. The dole should have been cut in the good days.

a euro tax on every bottle of wine? That is not fair, it discriminates against the low income buyer of cheap wine and subsidises the middle class claret brigade.

Ha! It was too mate-I thought my eyes were deceiving me. Fucking trolly loads of the stuff-the offy in there resembled new years eve-fucking pathetic.

Thereā€™s no dole in the Central African Republic or Somalia and labour rates are low. Basic supply side economics at work there I guess.

The same goons would be in a queue in a petrol station for half an hour last year to save themselves the guts ā‚¬3 off a tank of fuel.

The euro on a bottle of wine is nothing in fairness, the large supermarkets will find a way around it easily enough. If they really wanted to go after it theyā€™d have tackled the below cost selling but that wouldā€™ve been too complicated for them.

that would have required common sense from FF politiciansā€¦are you kidding?

Scumpot you must be delighted that your dole wasnā€™t cut although with the cost of booze and fags increasing iā€™d imagine that thereā€™s an awful mad scramble to buy as much drink as possible in the shops and off licenses of Sherrif Street and Rialto this evening! :cool:

Thatā€™s true. Iā€™ll hardly notice it on the Barolo.

as mad as the mad scramble to buy as much drink as possible in the shops and off licenses of knocknaheeny, blackpool,gra na brathar and mahon this evening! :cool:

Arra whatever about the other two Blackpool and Gurran are grand spots. :pint:

The people at the checkout beside me when I was queueing at my local Super Valu at 7:20 this evening had about 20 bottles of wine in their trolley.

well the laws of supply and demand of goods and labour tend to work the same in all markets. and have done for thousands of years.

Maybe they were Poles having a Mikolajki party today?

Yes because there is an over supply of labour

Seems there was a major rush on the offies last night :slight_smile:
One of the lads here bought two crates of wine :lol: and said some chick in there spent 600 quid on wine while he was there.