Budget 2019

I think the question here doesn’t pertain to people already working, more getting people off the live register who are on it for a long time.

Exactly. There’s a small element of cunts that won’t work and won’t try get work. These are the problem.

It was a good idea originally but was certainly abused. And local employers were more guilty of it I would say.

1 Like

Its a viscous circle. You’ve a long term social welfare user, say 5 years, left school at 17 or 18, couldn’t get a job at the time. Hit a rut, is now 23, no experience, trade. Most places wouldn’t hire them.

How do you get them working?

I’ve no problem subsidizing these poor misfortunes as part performance of my social contract

6 Likes

Cut their dole.

2 Likes

Would you not prefer your money go somewhere useful?

That’s bollocks. Many of them have dependents. They’d just turn to crime

Fuck the playstations out of the house.

That’s partly it but you also have these folks turning up their nose at jobs because when they calculate their wages in a job compared to the dole and the benefits its not worth it.

‘Turn to’?

They’d be too lazy to turn to crime.

Most people who don’t work are too lazy to work.

That sounds familiar…

No we’re getting somewhere.

Maybe reducing the cost of childcare would be an incentive for all.

It’s cheaper for one parent not to work than pay for childcare. The cost of which is a national disgrace

Definitely cut the cash in hand. The amount of value added to society, the depression and anxiety that could be fought off by having to get up, look presentable, be somewhere on time and do a bit. But the flakes have decided that anyone suggesting this is a fascist and should be screamed at.

1 Like

Exactly, but make it far more worth their while to work and boom, incentive

1 Like

No accountability.

It generally tends to be something passed down from generation to generation, some people are just intent on milking the system and sadly the system facilitates this.

1 Like

I’m not suggesting that for one second mate.

I don’t think people should be written off for having received welfare either. There will always be abusers of any system, but I’d say the vast majority are genuine enough

More like the cost of not having riots.

So you’ve accepted that there are incentives there for people to work? Finally. Good.

The same incentives apply to people on the dole.

So you want additional incentives for people on the dole?