Business Idea

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1025945, member: 2272”]T Shirt Business

Source good quality T shirts - fitted to bodies honed by Nutri Bullets and Inter county fitness regimes (allow for XXL sizes too for people recovering from minor hip surgery living in dysfunctional relationships with “feeders”)

First T Shirt to be launched in time for next May

Green ringer - white collar and sleeve cuffs

“Limerick never feared Tipp”

Can be worn ironically by all counties and worn by Limerick lads once every few years

all other ideas welcomed[/QUOTE]

Are you going to print them yourself?

Can I be the online business development manager?

It’s bidness ffs … bid-ness.

I heart Bayan

Bumped for Mac

no
need some place that does a quality product - probably a sweat shop in the Far East

I want them to be a quality product - not the crap quality you normally see

maybe a blend - 50% Polyester/25% ring spun Cotton/25% Rayon

fit will be athletic - cut tight on arms to showcase guns

Edit - we may start with American Apparel blank t-shirts as they fit what we need
We can manufacture our own later

Printing I am looking into

I may start with a “Limerick never feared Tipp” ringer

Our logo will be a cartoon character somebody needs to design - his name is “Wristy Cyril”

I would also like a nice Ger Loughnane one - any ideas

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1026012, member: 2272”]no
need some place that does a quality product - probably a sweat shop in the Far East

I want them to be a quality product - not the crap quality you normally see[/QUOTE]

How would you ensure some reasonable level of quality?
Will it be cost effective to order the small amounts you will initially be looking for? Will anyone even do it in small amounts?
Are you setup to pay import duty etc.?
What margin will you be making?

Soon to be “I ate Bayan” after they run the poor bastard into the ground.

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1026016, member: 332”]How would you ensure some reasonable level of quality?
Will it be cost effective to order the small amounts you will initially be looking for? Will anyone even do it in small amounts?
Are you setup to pay import duty etc.?
What margin will you be making?[/QUOTE]
going to buy them in American Apparel to start off and see how it goes

we need a graphic designer on board

retail price will be set at a high level to make them conspicuous consumption items of clothing and each run limited number of a number to be decided

margin - I am not concerned about yet as long as we cover costs - this is about changing the world and establishing a luxury Irish t shirt brand

Will people pay a premium for what is essentially a novelty t-shirt?

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1026024, member: 2272”]going to buy them in American Apparel to start off and see how it goes

we need a graphic designer on board

retail price will be set at a high level to make them conspicuous consumption items of clothing and each run limited number of a number to be decided

margin - I am not concerned about yet as long as we cover costs - this is about changing the world and establishing a luxury Irish t shirt brand[/QUOTE]

What kind of money do you have available to market them as a conspicuous item of clothing?

I’m getting worried that you haven’t thought this through TUM.

yep - if it is expensive and post ironic hipster

Fuck Ferritin

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1026030, member: 332”]What kind of money do you have available to market them as a conspicuous item of clothing?

I’m getting worried that you haven’t thought this through TUM.[/QUOTE]

I will approach celebrities who fit a profile and seek endorsement via free t shirts - I have a number of contacts in the music and entertainment world
once a celeb wears it - boom - people will try and buy it and they will be sold out of my online store www.wristycyril.com fuelling demand

we will be the anti Christmas jumper for Christmas 2014

Fuck Ferritin right in the pussy

My avatar would make a great t shirt actually

baby blue t shirt and it in colour

white t shirt and it in black

Roaster would sell better than post ironic hipster.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1026033, member: 2272”]I will approach celebrities who fit a profile and seek endorsement via free t shirts - I have a number of contacts in the music and entertainment world
once a celeb wears it - boom - people will try and buy it and they will be sold out of my online store www.wristycyril.com fuelling demand

we will be the anti Christmas jumper for Christmas 2014[/QUOTE]

In all seriousness I’d try walking before running, I’d forget about getting them printed abroad initially. Wait until you are confident you have a market.

Get 4 or 5 designs made up & printed by someone here or in the UK in relatively small runs, that way you can keep an eye on things.
Get a website up and running and a payment system etc sorted.
Then start trying to spread the word.

You shouldn’t be too deep in then if it goes to the wall, which is statistically by far the most likely outcome.

I’ll do the website and payments system for a 30% share in the business.

Ok. 30% of the business is fine if you bring the right skill set