Buying a daycent Suit

This is the year of Weddings and the like for me so I’ll need to invest in a suit.
Any ideas where to get the best ones? Probably a budget of €300ish I will spend.

Suitable Company on Grafton Street have been having a closing down sale for the past 3 weeks. Might still have some stuff left.

Failing that you could try these lads - http://thesuitandtuxwarehouse.ie/ - around the corner from Kehoes just off Grafton Street.

I bought myself a tin of fruit about six months back.

Magee’s on Wickla Street.

It was expensive enough though (more that 300 bucks) but good quality.

Marks and Sparks do daycent suits but I am ever so slightly outside their rather narrow range of sizes.

I’ve never heard of a designer called Daycent so I wouldn’t have a clue where to start.

1 Like

He’s a Limerick based designer. He also does a smashing range of tackies.

It is what it is.

For sho Bro.

I said what I said.

Zara do a good range of Daycent suits.

Suits are a pain in the hole, buy yourself a snappy blazer and a pair of slacks, I got one last summer for a few weddings and I can safely say I will never suffer the discomfort of wearing a suit to a wedding again. You can get away with wearing no tie as well which is a big help.

Would stay clear of Magees. Bought my suit there for my wedding. Pricks gave me wrong sizes, replaced it, then gave me a suit that had clearly been worn before the cunts. Then tried to make up for it. Ended up sending a suit out by courier the day before the wedding that was far from perfect, the labels on it were swapped around to make it look like it was a different size to what it was. Had all manner of complaints with them over that.

Ended up getting the right suit after the wedding plus a replacement but this was after them fucking me over on 3 suits for that day. I’ll never buy from those cunts again.

On a more positive note I purchased a fine suit in China recently. Made by Tailor Tom with the word Rocko on the labels. Cracking quality, lovely fit and a real bargain.

At home I generally buy from M&S. Varying qualities but they have some that are machine-washable (which I wear on days when I’ve astro and bring it home in a ball) and I like the idea of buying two sets of trousers with each suit because the jackets never wear out. Not sure you can do that everywhere.

Kartel make decent suits and are reasonable enough…

got a daycent suit in Johnny Hores in Wexford last year. good range of stuff and quality. between a couple of shirts and ties after it tho probably ended up being just over €400.

I’ll have to invest in a new suit soon enough as well, have a heap of weddings coming up this year.

Christ - that is shocking.

The more I think about it actually the more robbing shower of cunts the guys are - charged me 20 quid for alterations.

I’ll not buy from them again.

Chaps is your only man!

Farmer in u turn shock horror.

Best Menswear usually have decent quality at reasonable prices as well. The auld lads who work in the Stephens Green shop are usually sound enough and will look after alterations free of charge if you need them.

You could also try Louis Copelands but be sure to bring a cash register in with you.

The likes of Cyril Farrell wear those beige blazer things. Actually think all the Sunday Game team wear them.

machine washable suits…yikes. Personally think there is nothing worse than a cheap looking suit. Took a stroll down the IFSC last week, Dublin is fair formal. Every lad nearly had a tie on and all the women were wearing black too. Personally I think a suit jacket is pointless at work. I used wear one (when I used work…) but after about ten mins it would be hanging off the back of the seat and left there for the day.

if its a really good suit you want you could do worse than get a Ryanair over to London

www.daycentsuitsforafiver.com