Buying a daycent Suit

Congrats Mickee!

Do you mind me asking what faith are you marrying into ? I assumed Jewish and that those weddings were big occasions, but the Moroccan extract has thrown me a bit.

Went in there and was pretty much ignored by the sales assistants. They were a little busy but nobody even gave me a nod to tell me they’d help me out in a moment, the cunts. Could possibly be because I was quite obviously sweating like a pig after walking briskly down from Harcourt Street and they didn’t want me soiling anything by trying it on. Had a last look in Zara again and found a grand plain-fit white shirt for €40. It’s actually very nice.

Why is it difficult to get it recognised Mickee as a matter of curiosity, is it because you’d become entitled to permanent residency there?

many of them came from Morocco / Algeria / Iraq and Yemen to settle here after WWII due to persecution, paranoia, etc
Yossi Benayoun for example
the term used for them is Mizrachim and they make up ~40% of the population.
there is still a lot of internal racism out here with the ruling classes of Polish / czech/ Russian extraction or Ashkenazim are still dominating major government offices and on the boards of most companies and banks

yes,
foreigners like me are allowed to work here for a maximum of 5 years on a work visa.
anything after that requires a residency permit
However the ministry of the Interior is now becoming more and more right wing and trying to obtain one of these as non jew is a very dificult procedure where you usually just need to pay off someone to sign the forms for you which will probably be done in my case

Do the original Jews who were in Israel before everyone else landed hate the Europeans Jews aswell? I read that somewhere once, that they considered them cowardly types for allowing the Germans to round them up without a fight back

congrats mickee. :clap:

was best man at a wedding recently, and the groom didnt like the cut of the rented suits on offer. so he bought his suit, and 3 others for the groomsmen. said the father / father in law can wear their own and left it at that. just made sure that we all wore proper black shoes. and that did as the token gift thing as well for groomsmen.

Best suits I’ve seen at one of the many weddings I’ve attended in recent years where ones that the groom bought himself, but it was only his brother standing with him, so that made it more feasible from a cost perspective.

Lads, quick question while we’re talking weddings.

How much cash should I put in a card? I only know the bride. Former colleague, we meet maybe twice per year for a drink and email quite regularly during work hours. Wouldn’t know any of her pals except for other work colleagues.

Was she a good ride Thraw?

Even I wouldn’t, Julio. Even I wouldn’t. She helped keep me sane in that job though, and I’ll be forever grateful to her for that.

150 snots is about right to put in the card …

Anything less than €600 and you may as well stay at home

Are you going on your own Thraw or +1?

On me tobler.

I was thinking €25…? Bear in mind I have a crummy job and another mouth to feed.

:lol:

I’d say €100 would cover you when your on you’re own

Do what a miser of cunt from Kilkenny did for our wedding…

Make an ‘anonymous’ donation to a charity of your choice.

that won’t even cover your meal …the poor lass is really going to get stung by inviting you… :o

You’d hardly get away with €25 at a 21st these days