Called for jury duty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMFZ31YKLu8

:smiley: That one could work!

youve about a 1 in ten chance of actually being in a jury and about a 100 to 1 shot of it being a murder trial. Is the summons to attend at 4 courts or parkgate st ?

Luimneach district court,most like an assault case or something?

the jury will be picked at the district court and then onto whatever court for the case. No jury in district court cases, but its likely youll get a criminal case if youll be at district. you could have gotten a civil trial deciding damages as well

what dates in july ? Want to check the legal diary and see whats coming up then, criminal or civil

It starts the 5th and for 10 days thenā€¦

nothing in the diary as yet. Will keep an eye on it. Might be worth googling 'limerick trial july 2011 ā€™ to see if anything pops

:lol:

:unsure:

Nice one,this is all very exciting! :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness just say you have travel plans that you cannot change, thatā€™ll definitely get you off doing it.

:clap:

Is there anything this man cannot do?

Flano, I salute you bro.

Ya but I hear the cunts want proof of that,like tickets!

Head down to Limerick Station and get a monthly return ticket to Limerick Junction.

Look I think iā€™m just going to go along with this and see where it takes me,perhaps this could be something special for the forum with me having an inside view on the proceedingsā€¦

Tell them you have hemorrhoids and canā€™t sit on the bench if you donā€™t want to go down the travel route, take the anal passage instead. Up bejaysus.

Artfoley

I have been summoned to the Criminal Courts of Justice, Parkgate Street, Dublin 8 next month to help nail some scumbag for something he may or may not have done.

It excites me more than slightly if truth be told but Im too busy to be at this shit, im self employed and have plenty of other shit to be dealing with around this time.

Will self employment on its own get me off here, and will a one liner on form J.2 suffice or do i need to attach a long winded letter outlining my excuse.

Has anyone ever been prosecuted for not going to jury duty?

it would want to be a good reason for not being able to do it, was on jury duty 2 years ago, case , rape case, lasted a few hours, the accused changed his plea to guilty so it meant i was only there a few hours, i was pretty happy not to have had to sit through a couple of weeks of all details