Called for jury duty

You realistically can’t expect a self-employed person to sit through 2 weeks of a court case at their own expense. There will be no problem getting off with it.

[QUOTE=“HBV*, post: 1096968, member: 234”]Artfoley

I have been summoned to the Criminal Courts of Justice, Parkgate Street, Dublin 8 next month to help nail some scumbag for something he may or may not have done.

It excites me more than slightly if truth be told but Im too busy to be at this shit, im self employed and have plenty of other shit to be dealing with around this time.

Will self employment on its own get me off here, and will a one liner on form J.2 suffice or do i need to attach a long winded letter outlining my excuse.[/QUOTE]

You’ll need a more detailed reason than " I’m too busy" Judges take a dim view of such an excuse.

You have only been called to the jury panel as yet, there will be approx 200 ppl in line for same, you could get lucky and not be called or be vetoed.

Yes.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/state-turns-blind-eye-to-dodgers-of-jury-duty-26878322.html

[QUOTE=“HBV*, post: 1096968, member: 234”]Artfoley

I have been summoned to the Criminal Courts of Justice, Parkgate Street, Dublin 8 next month to help nail some scumbag for something he may or may not have done.

It excites me more than slightly if truth be told but Im too busy to be at this shit, im self employed and have plenty of other shit to be dealing with around this time.

Will self employment on its own get me off here, and will a one liner on form J.2 suffice or do i need to attach a long winded letter outlining my excuse.[/QUOTE]
slightly more than a one liner; set out the potential loss of earnings and your consequences of attending i.e mortgage, creche fees, loss of business etc etc

[QUOTE=“count of monte cristo, post: 1096975, member: 348”]
Yes.[/QUOTE]

Who?

€500 fine seemingly

[QUOTE=“artfoley, post: 1096977, member: 179”]http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/state-turns-blind-eye-to-dodgers-of-jury-duty-26878322.html

slightly more than a one liner; set out the potential loss of earnings and your consequences of attending i.e mortgage, creche fees, loss of business etc etc[/QUOTE]
thanks ye i will do up a one pager so, im sure i have legitimate case but want to nip it in the bud

If it’s anything to do with soliciting prostitutes or the sex industry in general you should get off due to a conflict of interest, you’ll likely know the participants in the case as it’s a small industry in Dublin. Do we know what the crime is?

I was called to the jury panel thing, turned up, and about half the people called who were supposed to be there werent, but nothing happened, just moved on. When the jury for the case was selected we were all let go, but asked to call some number every day as we would have to go back again for another case, and that our period on the jury panel was 5 days. I didnt bother calling or going back, and never heard anything about it after that.

Don’t bother with a one pager, just a few lines saying that you are essential to your business and it cannot operate in your absence.

Got the dreaded letter this morning. The amount of people that seem to be excluded from doing it is shocking. I’m surprised they are able to form juries in this country with this carry on. Ill have to pass on it myself. Dont work normal hours. It would fuck me over too much trying to arrange it with my employers.

Signing in. Trial starts Thursday

2 Likes

Will you admit before hand that you know TASE

1 Like

Will you update us with the specifics of the case as they happen, mate?

For a finish with myself I said I knew me man on trial(I didn’t) and I was struck off,but yes do please keep us updated.

Hope it’s not a drink driving case.

Or equine murder

Just on way in now #pumped.

3 Likes

Is this for that murder trial in the Tallaght Hotel?

Signing in. Have to turn up but hopefully they tell me to fuck off on the first day. Will any of the pretend IRA lads post me down a Celtic soccer garment for the day? I’ve been reliably informed if you wear that rag you’ll be dismissed posthaste.

Cc @Bandage @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy @Rocko

2 Likes

Bring a book with you.

1 Like