Calling Carryharry

:clap::clap::clap:

Lads, any of ye driving the New Shape Mazda 6? Any reports, likes/dislikes?

@carryharry is the man to ask about cars, mate.

I want to buy an A5. Probably around the '10 or '11 mark. Petrol or Diesel? I don’t particularly like driving diesels but appreciate the positives. Advice please, my oul flower. I’m off on me holidays so you’ve plenty of time to answer.

An A5? Do you really want a 2dr car, pal?

@carryharry. I have a high mileage car, big engine (2.5l Diesel). 10 years old. High tax, poor mpg, beginning to give a lot of trouble. Suspect few if any private buyers would be interested. What’s the best way to dispose of it. One of the cash for cars crowds?

If comprehensively insured, pay one of @Bisto 's family to dispose of it up the Dublin Mountains.

carryharry

nissan leaf - yay or nay?

[QUOTE=“Young Ned of the Hill, post: 1000154, member: 80”]carryharry

nissan leaf - yay or nay?[/QUOTE]
Not really suitable for long haul weekend trips to Leitrim. Okay for short spins around sunny Fingal though kid. Supposedly good value these days price wise.

Foreigners still buy those big engined cars Fagan, they love the bit of power plus they tidy them up themselves. Cash for Cars crowds will give you fuck all for it, well no more than a dealer will.

So put it up on done deal or something like that?

@carryharry - any opinion on the new half electric Mitsubishi Outlander?

:rolleyes:

Yes, probably the best place.

Just take the usual precaution’s when meeting potential buyers,
Never meet at your home, no cunt needs to know where you live.
Meet potential buyers in a busy built up area.
Let someone know if you do go meet potential buyers.
Accompany on test drive.
No drafts as payment, cash or bank transfer only.

Meh.
Anyone in the trade who has sold these hybrid vehicles says a common complaint is they are not economical enough on fuel to see the benefit of not driving a standard petrol car.

Go fully electric if you have your green sandals on.

the Polish go mad for these type of cars… they love to spend their weekend doing up a car as much like we like going to the pub…be careful on done deal though, I got cornered by 2 Romanian bogeys trying to give me 500 cash for my car…they tried to basically bully me into the sale…they more or less try to stuff the money in my face and grab the keys…I actually had to grab a hammer and point it in one of their faces to get them to fuck off… it was very intimidating …I eventually got 2000 for the car off some other lad …only for I knew a guy in the industry who told me that i’d get money for it I was going to scrap it !!..it was a 11 year old car 2 litre diesel …

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 1000201, member: 1517”]Meh.
Anyone in the trade who has sold these hybrid vehicles says a common complaint is they are not economical enough on fuel to see the benefit of not driving a standard petrol car.

Go fully electric if you gave your green sandals on.[/QUOTE]

+1

mac really boils my blood sometimes

carryharry , trade in or sell?

[QUOTE=“Young Ned of the Hill, post: 1000218, member: 80”]+1

mac really boils my blood sometimes[/QUOTE]

You really need to make @Fran your go to poster. Much shrewder with none of the sass

Buy the Leaf straight, sell your own. Act like a businessman.