Calling Carryharry

A trip to the local friendly mechanic is called for.

@carryharry I need to get that bonnet open to replace the bulb and getting to my mechanic is absolute pain in the hole as he’s not exactly local.

If I look up under the grill I can see a yellow clip, I’ve given it a bit of a shove with a screwdriver but it didn’t unlock bonnet. I wasn’t overly forceful with it though as I’m not sure if that’s even it’s purpose, could you confirm if that yellow clip would indeed release the bonnet, if so I’ll batter the fuck out of it this evening.

Is your bonnet not opened your the ignition key in the front panel behind the Ford Badge? What year is the Mondeo again.

08, it’s opened by a release lever in the passenger footwell.

I’ll make a call on this.

Sound. There’s so many different models of Mondeo between here and the US it’s hard to find anything definitive online.

This might help.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ5pY68jlqU

Cheers, a bit more pulling and dragging than I’d hoped.
I’ll just have to try and arrange to get the car back to the mechanic.

You do know you’ve to loosen the front grill and then remove the entire headlamp unit to replace the bulb?

I need to get the bonnet open first

It’s a start I suppose.

1 Like

:smiley: this is not gonna end well

I know, a lad can’t open the bonnet but he’s going to take out the headlamp when he figures our the first step. :thinking:

A townie I’d say,

I can see @TreatyStones being literally caught in the headlights

@carryharry I saw a video on Facebook of a car transporter on fire near Farranfore. Looks like one of the new cars it was transporting went up in flames.

1 Like

@carryharry

€240,000 worth of brand-new cars and a transporter trailer went up in flames just outside Castleisland town shortly after 9am on Tuesday morning. The top-of-the-range Volkswagen T-Roc cars - worth almost €40,000 each - were being delivered to Divane’s garage in Castleisland for a display event.

See story in tomorrow’s Kerry’s Eye.

Jaysus… Presume the Lorry went up and took its cargo with it?

From the video I saw the fire definitely looked to be coming from one of the cars

Ruh oh…