Calling Carryharry

@carryharry will be changing her car after this settles down. Looking at a chr. Worth the investment. Bear in mind she does about 500km a month. But we always work on the basis of a second family car in case something goes tits up with my job

Bit small, pal. Essentially a Toyota Yaris/Corolla with a Higher driving position.

If you want a Hybrid, take a strong look at a Honda CRV or Toyota Rav4 imo.

2 Likes

@carryharry
161 Opel Mokka 100000km €12k. She was offered €3500 for her own in a private sale bringing the net spend to €8500
What ya reckon?

1 Like

that’s a shit load of mileage for the year

Not really when you think about it.

Not with your money would I do that.
Sounds big money for a 2016 model.

Look at a Honda, Nissan or Toyota brands in similar size.

Also, there is good deals to be got from Hertz etc who have acres of cars parked up. There’ll be delighted to offload stock which isn’t going to be wanted for the Hire sector.

3 Likes

A mate of mine was driving an adapted Focus (08) until yesterday. Stroke patient but they were nearly killed yesterday exiting some supermarket. I’d say he fucked up, they’re alive but the motors wrecked.
He’s 72 or so but’s determined to get back on the horse. He has a Primary 1 cert which will probably cover the adaption costs. He’s a bit of a harmless sort who could be cleaned by an unscroupless chancer.
Who does this efficiently, reasonably and reliability. Thanks in advance. Distance no problem.

If you contact your local Irish Wheelchair Association, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

2 Likes

A valid point and thanks for the response. Personally, I feel they “may” have “understandings” with suppliers and am anxious to explore alternative providers.
I’m possibly becoming cynical due to the current situation.

2 Likes

Sorry chief, only seeing this now.

Crowd down in Moate have this to offer…€10k - €15k

http://m.dmmobility.ie/used-cars.php?make_id=&model_id=&price_id=4&search_submit=Find+Vehicles

1 Like

Thanks Har but from info today it seems as if mo chara won’t be taking to the road again.
His good lady tells me the insurance company are likely to pull the plug. I often wondered how he got insurance after his stroke but he did evidently. My suspicions that he might have cocked up were confirmed. Old age and disability will drop you in the shit.

1 Like

Parking brake emergency release cable in the boot.

I know very little about this. Parking brake fault on the car. Parking brake stuck on.
Can I pull this release myself so that I can drive the car to a mechanic?

Little or no info on it’s use either in the manual or that I can find on the internet.
What you think @carryharry?

Not from the boot surely?

Well this is the question.

What make of car is it?

Renault Koleos. Yea, probably the only one in Ireland.

Happened me once.

Forward
Reverse
Repeat

until it kicks loose. A belt of a hammer wouldn’t go astray either. Don’t spare it on either method

Please note I haven’t fixed this problem before***

Apparently if there isn’t an emergency release in the rear behind the seats or hidden in booth. There is a chance your motor might not have this in the booth either so you will have to manually release the cable with brute force at rear hub otherwise apparently.

Looked up some info here…

Thanks for all that but I’ve identified the emergency release unit in the boot.

Question is, can I pull this release myself so that I can drive the car to a mechanic?

Of course…