Calling CarryHarry

:rollseyes:

4 Likes

Would you feel comfortable noshing a potential buyer off?

not sure what that term means?

1 Like

what about karma?

am i messing up bad karma due to the buyers by telling them though

Buyer beware

us canadians are very honest people

1 Like

Between yourself and @flattythehurdler I’m getting the impression that Galway is full of lads ripe for the picking. @Nembo_Kid you should start a pyramid scheme up there.

4 Likes

I’m considering purchasing a filling station which will offer cheap fuel and a wide selection of cigarettes.

7 Likes

I’ve loads of good karma to spare mate. I’ll sell you a bit of it.

Are you spike riordan?

I wouldn’t overlook the potential profits associated with selling “top quality” wines either.

2 Likes

@maroonandwhite

All you need to do is place the following line in your add.

“Inspections Welcome”

Covered.

2 Likes

Spoken like a true Arthur Daley

Personally, I tell them everything I know, and if work is likely needed soon, I’d tell them that but would already have adjusted the price accordingly. I don’t like being ripped off, so I wouldn’t do it myself. I always ensure they know I’m no mechanic, but I’m as honest as I can be.
A few pounds isn’t worth a bad nights sleep. The last car I sold at a discount because a girl was buying it for her husband. He was a cool guy, she was hot and we are still in touch (not in that way)

2 Likes

Sold it last night. Started off saying i knew nothing about it as i didn’t have it long, seemed to drive fine. Then my conscience kicked up and i said to her bring it to a mechanic, no hassle at all with that,get it checked out. This bout of honesty kinda had an undesired effect, as she seemed to see this as definitive proof of my decency and after a quick conversation with her auld fella bought it on the spot. I didn’t feel too bad after as she told me said auld fella is a mechanic, so any small job thats needs doing daddy dearest can do for fuck all im sure. She had without a doubt one of the finest arses ive ever seen in yoga pants(24 year old rockclimber) which was enough to have me fully willing to comply in a small bit of tax fraud re the sale price on her behalf. But i got a grand more than i would have taken, so we all won really.

3 Likes

The moral of the story here seems to be, dont sell second hand cars to hot chicks as it makes the two of ye simpering wrecks.

7 Likes

Do the two lads drive Mini Coopers?

Similar to @flattythehurdler and @maroonandwhite, I’d be honest when selling a car. I’ve one for sale at the minute and have been very open about its faults. In the words of Ricky from TPBs, “what goes around is all around”.

I don’t have any tall-tales of selling faulty cars to hot chicks. I did once sell a car to a fat Polish lad in an overcoat, but it was a Honda and mechanically the soundest car I’ve owned.

How are you still in touch with someone you sold a car to?

Did you offer to put them up for the night?

3 Likes

No it was a classic car. It was a beautiful old xjs. It was mint, but needed the radiator doing at some point as it tended to overheat in heavy traffic. He kept me pdated on this, and I with what I replaced it with etc.
Still text from time to time.