Calling carryharry

Bullshit. I don’t know what could go wrong with using @carryharry to help you buy a car.

[ATTACH=full]3121[/ATTACH]

You’ll get loads of texts like this,“wots ur lowst price on the golf”,“has it got a hitch”,“would you swap for a civic”

The Golf will sell all day long privately, provided it isn’t in a state. I’d keep an open mind on it. You will probably lose money trading it in.

Have you test driven many cars?

Unfortunately most new cars sold in Ireland are cheapest spec and the odd one then is well specced. VRT makes extras expensive.

I would be pretty disappointed dropping 25k on a poorly specced A4 to be honest. You might as well stretch to a new Passat which would probably have more of a spec.

You are wasting your time @Thumper , I’ve got this sorted

[QUOTE=“Thumper, post: 1156246, member: 2305”]The Golf will sell all day long privately, provided it isn’t in a state. I’d keep an open mind on it. You will probably lose money trading it in.

Unfortunately most new cars sold in Ireland are cheapest spec and the odd one then is well specced. VRT makes extras expensive.

I would be pretty disappointed dropping 25k on a poorly specced A4 to be honest. You might as well stretch to a new Passat which would probably have more of a spec.[/QUOTE]
You are spot on about buying cars in the UK. The standard spec on cars here is pathetic.

You ungrateful cunt socket :eek:

@carryharry

What are your views on Infiniti?

Harry, you could at least have the decency to admit that Horsebox is competing with roasters who think A4s are ‘savage LAD’ and who would have it tricked out in Wanlis and coilovers in no time.

As a result, he will be paying over the odds to buy one.

Wheel’s and window’s count as good spec in this country

[QUOTE=“Thumper, post: 1156246, member: 2305”]The Golf will sell all day long privately, provided it isn’t in a state. I’d keep an open mind on it. You will probably lose money trading it in.

I would be pretty disappointed dropping 25k on a poorly specced A4 to be honest. You might as well stretch to a new Passat which would probably have more of a spec.[/QUOTE]
I will lose money trading it in alright but I value my time too and don’t want to be dealing with a load of fuckwits ringing and texting me as @massey ferguson outlined above.

[QUOTE=“Thumper, post: 1156258, member: 2305”]Harry, you could at least have the decency to admit that Horsebox is competing with roasters who think A4s are ‘savage LAD’ and who would have it tricked out in Wanlis and coilovers in no time.

As a result, he will be paying over the odds to buy one.[/QUOTE]
@Horsebox knows what he wants now fall in or fuck off.

Incorrect use of apostrophes in the plurals of nouns should result in a beating about the soles of the feet.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1156256, member: 2514”]@carryharry

What are your views on Infiniti?[/QUOTE]

@carryharry

Indeed

@Thumper is giving lessons here. And when i clicked on his profile i got this :

[ATTACH=full]3122[/ATTACH]

I’d be afraid Harry…

Dunno pal. Hard on tax & petrol. Resale value could be iffy.

My brother went to the UK to buy a car recently and found the following

1. Many of the UK dealers don’t want to deal with an Irish buyer. A number of them would not return calls or ignored contact made
  2. The spec of the cars are much higher, as others have said. However, with the registration system here on a UK vehicle, the VRT owed to the C& E doesn’t make it really worth your while once you take flights and ferries into account unless you are looking to buy a car less than 3 or maybe 4 years old. Older than that and you are just going to considerable effort for the extra spec but financially it makes little r no difference

I have driven them as a rental car, they are nice to drive and a fine car, do decent MPG and they are in the lower tax band as far as I know, they have decent boot space and driver leg room (very important for myself) but if you are after a decent interior finish they can appear a bit tacky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP4DBpWy_64

Agreed, if you are trying to re-sell, most people who have not even heard of them will not even give it a second glance on DD.

Bought an 07 Octavia with 125K miles there about 18 months ago (on a v limited budget), the tax is heavy on it but to be honest I couldn’t praise it highly enough. Its a great car, solid and reasonable on juice (does about 50mpg - the other half drives my former 10 reg bluemotion passat which is much lighter on juice (normally does about 60 but has done up to 70mpg)). I will be going back for a Skoda again, they are no frills and a solid car but it depends on what you want from the car, its not the flashiest on the road but I have found it very reliable. There is a reason that it is a popular car with taxi drivers.