Calling carryharry

I’d be looking at a diesel, nobody would buy a petrol round my home place.

[QUOTE=“Onthesod, post: 1156285, member: 1441”]Agreed, if you are trying to re-sell, most people who have not even heard of them will not even give it a second glance on DD.

Bought an 07 Octavia with 125K miles there about 18 months ago (on a v limited budget), the tax is heavy on it but to be honest I couldn’t praise it highly enough. Its a great car, solid and reasonable on juice (does about 50mpg - the other half drives my former 10 reg bluemotion passat which is much lighter on juice (normally does about 60 but has done up to 70mpg)). I will be going back for a Skoda again, they are no frills and a solid car but it depends on what you want from the car, its not the flashiest on the road but I have found it very reliable. There is a reason that it is a popular car with taxi drivers.[/QUOTE]
Slightly off topic but there are at least 2 taxi drivers in Dublin using Audi Q7s as their cab. Fucking mental.

Oh sorry I thought you were going to buy one, not steal one. Work away skin.

@carryharry i need to buy a motor for the missus, she wants a quasqhai but you’d be looking at 20-21k + it seems for 2012 and i wouldnt like to be going any older than that. something fresh, something diesel and something not driven to every fucking corner of the country is the requirement here. budget would be 20k or thereabouts, something like a focus or an astra would do her. i dont have a clue about cars. are the hyundai range any good i notice a big shift towards them of late? the i40 looks from the outside like a motor id like to drive myself.
she is driving a mini cooper, its an 07 and i have a complete fucking mug ready to take it off her so cash buyer.

[QUOTE=“Thumper, post: 1156202, member: 2305”]What sort of car have you at the moment? Would it sell privately. Cars sell well privately up to five k or so.

That, in a nutshell, is why they are very expensive second hand.

Find one of those trader types that import cars to order?

I can’t see the value in A4 myself. Too cramped and generally under-specced. I looked into an 11 one yesterday and it had this sticking out of the dash
http://images.mobilefun.co.uk/graphics/300pixelp/parrot-ck3100-advanced-bluetooth-car-kit-p3356-300.jpg[/QUOTE]

:smiley: what a backward country, I have not seen one of those since 2004

Its a daysul Audee lad.

A basht

Those dopey bastards, or more commonly their wives, would buy anything with that badge on it. Go around then saying things like vorsprung durch technic.

I was getting a puncture fixed yesterday and one of those lads appeared at the door.

Roaster - Whats the chapest rubber you have for 185/60/R15?
Tyre fitter - 75
Roaster - Nathin chaper?"
Tyre fitter - We can order in tyres for 65
Roaster - 60.
Tyre fitter - No.
Roaster walks off

did he have a nokia 5110 in a holder stuck on his belt?

I’m not certain he had a belt.

[QUOTE=“HBV*, post: 1156305, member: 234”]@carryharry i need to buy a motor for the missus, she wants a quasqhai but you’d be looking at 20-21k + it seems for 2012 and i wouldnt like to be going any older than that. something fresh, something diesel and something not driven to every fucking corner of the country is the requirement here. budget would be 20k or thereabouts, something like a focus or an astra would do her. i dont have a clue about cars. are the hyundai range any good i notice a big shift towards them of late? the i40 looks from the outside like a motor id like to drive myself.
she is driving a mini cooper, its an 07 and i have a complete fucking mug ready to take it off her so cash buyer.[/QUOTE]
Buy a new Focus.

The Audi salesmen must be creaming the commission. The car park here in our place is like a used Audi dealership.

Pure mugs.

Though I have some form of respect for the guy that will go all out and at least make the jump to the A6.

A4 male drivers :smiley:

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1156316, member: 686”]The Audi salesmen must be creaming the commission. The car park here in our place is like a used Audi dealership.

Pure mugs.

Though I have some form of respect for the guy that will go all out and at least make the jump to the A6.

A4 male drivers :D[/QUOTE]
:oops:Today has been a real eye opener for me.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1156316, member: 686”]

:rolleyes:

baling twine probably

How do I kill the quasqai?
Tear it to shreds for me there, I have no clue myself and know going with the overpriced yarn on its own won’t do.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1156316, member: 686”]The Audi salesmen must be creaming the commission. The car park here in our place is like a used Audi dealership.

Pure mugs.

The A6 is a fine car.

I could see a lot of sense in buying a fresh one of those.

I was looking at the new shape Superb in front of me on the road earlier.

That’s not far off 25k.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/skoda/superb/used-2015-151-skoda-superb-amb-2-0tdi-wexford-fpa-161614320523008090

Its not an Audee lad, no good.

[QUOTE=“HBV*, post: 1156338, member: 234”]How do I kill the quasqai?
Tear it to shreds for me there, I have no clue myself and know going with the overpriced yarn on its own won’t do.[/QUOTE]
Tell her the man from the internet told you to do it.

Quasqais are nearly worse than the A4. They are a nothing car. Smaller than a Focus inside, expensive to buy, poor boot, poor handling, etc.

A Focus is an outstanding car for the money. Tell her new car versus some 3 year old shit box, most likely previously owned by some bewildered mum of 3.

If she wants one of those soft roader things, get a Kuga or Tiguan. Far, far better vehicles.

The car industry is driven by badge snobbery. BMWs are nice to drive, but have extremely expensive faults. There is a 2.0 engine, or maybe 2.2, that some accountant type felt might be produced cheaper if they went with plastic type rollers for the chain. You are looking at 5k to get a dealer to fix it.

VW have a 1.9 TDI, since about 2006, that puts a conrod through the floor of the engine. Oil pump failure in 2.0s, etc.

Fords are outstandingly good lately and while I’d be slow to buy a large one new, they represent very good value for money.

The best diesel engine is the 2.0 TDCI found in Mondeos, C5s.508s, Galaxys, etc. These things are bullet proof. Find something in good nick with one of those and you won’t go far wrong.

Colette Fitzpatrick looking well on the 5:30 news on tv3 right now. !!!

This thread is a cluster fuck…

Here’s @Tassotti[/USER] and [USER=234]@HBV*[/USER] lubing up [USER=1517]@carryharry

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 1156242, member: 706”]Bullshit. I don’t know what could go wrong with using @carryharry to help you buy a car.

[ATTACH=full]3121[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Did you photoshop the spliff out of that?

Harry is a coon ???
Geeeezuz Christ.

1 Like