Calling experienced excel users

Does the pdf allow copying? Good quality text on an original pdf transitions into word or excel

Can copy all right, but the formatting goes all over the place, thanks anyway.

With ‘paste special’ …
try all options

Are you ripping the piss??? I spent the day at this to no avail.

Not free but Adobe Acrobat standard does a good job of it.
NitroPDF Pro does it as well.

anyone use JMP for data analysis?

I’m looking at historical shit, over 1000 names and address, I’ve had to transcribe the lot :frowning: you’d think in this day and age some bright spark would sort this out.

It’s called a scanner mate.

I’m buiding a data base, mate- names and residence is only half of what I am looking for but would be the easiest to convert as that info is clumped together already. Anyway, it’s more or less done now.

Digitising @Joe Player’s little black book?

@Joe Player has nothing on Mikey.

i have a column with date of births in it.
i can display them in any format i wish it seems.
how do i sort them in ascending or descending order ie get the oldest to the top descending down to the youngest.
please. thank you.

[QUOTE=“HBV*, post: 1116889, member: 234”]i have a column with date of births in it.
i can display them in any format i wish it seems.
how do i sort them in ascending or descending order ie get the oldest to the top descending down to the youngest.
please. thank you.[/QUOTE]
Home->Editing->Sort&Filter
[Assuming they are in a date format, it will give you sort by oldest/newest options]

[QUOTE=“cluaindiuic, post: 1116909, member: 258”]Home->Editing->Sort&Filter
[Assuming they are in a date format, it will give you sort by oldest/newest options][/QUOTE]
that works good man but forgot to say i want to sort 4 columns based on what i described in column D which holds the dates.

Just select all the columns you want to sort then go data-sort-custom sort. That’ll allow you to pick which column you want to sort by

:clap:

great thread

I have three tables of data which i am trying to compile on once spreadsheet/report.

I have an item code which is identical in all three tables, the issue I have is that there are multiple entries for some item codes and when i use a vlookup it is giving me #N/A mark as it appears to need single/unique entries. I do have a second field which i can use as a unique identifier to differentiate the different item codes

Anyone know way of doing this? is there a better way that the vlookup? I have 14 fields in total, 11 populate fine but three are causing issue and most of the data populates correctly, only the double entries cause issue

1 Like

Not sure why you’re getting an N/A if there are duplicates. Are you sure you have the code right - no spaces or anything? Have you False in at the end of your vlookup to just get the first instance?

I have sorted it for two of the columns, i think the issue may have been due to the fact that the data in the table array wasn’t sorted correctly.

The last column is proving tricky due to there being multiple entries for the item code and the unique identifier isn’t actually unique and for some instances it has two entries due to partial quantities which are of no value to me.