Calling experienced excel users

Nobody likes an aftertimer

The RIGHT and LEFT functions are awesome, especially when you combine them.

Up bejaysus.

When did Hup become Up?

A tricky one.
I need to format certain cells on excel.
I have three categories, L, H, S.
What I want to happen is when I type in L the cell will highlight yellow, H will turn red, and S blue.
Is there a way of doing this?

Is the data all mixed up or what

run a macro would be my suggestion.

Would some form of conditional formatting achieve this?

The codes reflect turn around times,
ie, L =24hr
H=2 day
S=3 day
I need them to highlight up to show which line is in what turnaround time.
I’ve been trying to conditional format these but it seems to be only doing one code or another.

I’d hate to be still doing excel spreadsheets on any regular basis, had to do one weekly in work lately for a few hours on a Monday and it was some stones. I passed it onto another fella this week and may have it off my back now please god…

I have it working fine anyways.
Just added 3 seperate conditional rules

[quote=“The Runt, post: 613766”]

I have it working fine anyways.
Just added 3 seperate conditional rules[/quote]
Right, I’m getting somewhere. I havnt all the options on 2003 excel which is on my desktop, but the laptop I use as well has 2010 version. I’ve used the conditional formatting along with Highlight Cell Rules.
Now say I want to highlight L and H with the same colours, what formula can I put in?

Can you not just set them to the same colour in the conditional rule?

This sounds overly complicated, Do you need the L&S&H?

Could you not go 24 hours, 48 hours etc then just go if 24 or less it’s yellow etc?

Alternatively you could highlight the whole sheet yellow, stop pricking around and turn everything around in less than 24 hours

[quote=“Julio Geordio, post: 613770”]This sounds overly complicated, Do you need the L&S&H?

Could you not go 24 hours, 48 hours etc then just go if 24 or less it’s yellow etc?

Alternatively you could highlight the whole sheet yellow, stop pricking around and turn everything around in less than 24 hours[/quote]
Aaaah no.
I’ve over complicated it now and in turned confused myself. I’ve figured out the colours thing now, but now I want to incorporated times and dates into the formulas to highlight sections nearing due dates.

if statement

Use an Or statement in the conditional format formula.

=if(or(condition1,condition2))

I have 100 numbers 4200 - 4299 (rows 1- 100)

About 50 of those numbers are randomly in use so unavailable and I have a list of them in a column on another sheet.

How could I populate the rows 1 -100 with these unavailable numbers?
Some kind of if statement?