Calling Kev

It never ceases to amaze me how shite they are at the basics like 1. A first touch, 2. pass and 3. move to receive. Anytime I saw Paul McShane attempt to play I wondered how he made it to the top level. Heā€™s not the only one but Man Utd thought he was a good prospect.

not really mate, both played in water with goals and footballs

the irish are not genetically suited to play a sport like soccer, this is one of the reasons we are so good at the rubby. even look at the state of the eire lads who are our elite players, big footed thick ankled mullockers.
every cent pumped into that game in this country is an awful waste

1 Like

Thankfully SRFC are changing that

their u15s are certainly adressing the problem

correct

Maybe , but GAA is popular in rural Sligo although the town is still soccer .

hardy har har

1 Like

McShane is a classic example of how once in system you are in.

See it even more in management. Getting into the system can buy you 25 years no matter how shit you are

Iā€™ve always thought climate had a part to play as well. In hot climates lads donā€™t want to give it away cheaply cos theyā€™d be knackered running around in the heat trying to get it back. The opposite is the case in Ireland where lads run around to keep warm.

1 Like

McShaneā€™s problem was his size. He never developed physically enough to be a top class (or decent) defender.

Yes, that was what held him back

1 Like

always amuses me the likes of kev and mac thinking mcshane is a donkeyyet they idolise camogie players and bogballers

to be a top camogies player you have to be the best out of a couple of a thousand women
to play in the epl you have to be the best of a billion people

4 Likes

We arenā€™t good at rugby. Only 10 teams take it seriously and weā€™ve never gotten past the last 8 of the world cup.

10?
Britain
France
New Zealand

who else?

White South Africa?

1 Like

Jesus. Youā€™d wonder how many of the lads here are actually autistic

2 Likes

What part of the Carribbean are you from yourself @mikehunt?

Ali Dia is a perfect example of that final statement

Iā€™m an artisan illusionist.

1 Like

this whole nobody takes rubby seriously is a misnomer. do eire take soccer seriously?
serious question. no facilities. shit coaching. best players have to sign on the dole half the year. nobody in eire can kick the ball to each other.
eire soccer is in a worse place than romanian or ukranian or namibian rubby. if you think otherwise you are fooling yourself.

2 Likes