Campaign against British Cheese Makers

Fellow interneters, i want to appeal to you to join a campaign that I have begun that involves taking the fight to the farmers and creameries of Gloucestershire and surrounds.
I am no connoisseur or great lover of cheese, dont get me wrong - I do enjoy cheddar, and mozerella and parmesan would also form part of my diet - however I felt i could no longer standby as cheese was used by the british empire as a vehicle to subjugate a people to its imperial yoke.
The issue I to raise is I believe an issue that is perhaps bigger than cheese and strikes at the very heart of what it means to be Irish.
For the last number of months Lidl have begun stocking cheap british cheese produced by the scum farmers of middle england and polluting our shelves with this muck. Rather than have the decency to hide the origin of this cheese in the smallprint of their packaging they have the sheer audacity to loudly proclaim its origin and stamp a union jack on the packet.
I believe in doing so they have started a war that they will not win.
My campaign is aimed at showing the Irish public that the people who produce this cheese are Cunts and the people who put it in their trolleys are also Cunts. who looks at the packet and thinks that their weekly shopping and their lives will be enhanced by paying money to the cheese manufacturing scum of middle england and that a union jack emlazoned packet belongs in their fridge? This cheese is made For Cunts By Cunts.
I am a man of action. I decided to take the fight to these pricks. The below images are from the opening scirmish of this battle, fought in the dairy section at the rear of the Baldoyle Lidl. I want to urge you all to target your local Lidl and to remember the words of Tom Barry:
“The British had gone down into the mire to destroy us and our Nation and down after them we had to go”
Spare no effort in altering the Lidl displays to make this cheese less appealing and to damage the sales of the cheap british produce. the gloustershire farmers will feel Ireland strike a blow at their pockets and think again before stamping their union jack on their cheap cheese and displaying it in our shops. ,
the photos below show the cheese as originally displayed with 3 different varieties and a price. i then bravely removed the price and limited the consumer to 1 variety - cunningly this was what i deemed to be the worst selling. consumers hate uncertainty and having no price and limited choice was bound to damage sales.
I then found a second instance of british flag waving cheese, worryingly stocks were low meaning the west brits had been supporting the invader. In a body blow to the gloustershire creamery industry i placed the remaining stock behind a selection of Italian cheeses.
Join the Fight today at a Lidl near you. IMG_1255IMG_1257IMG_1254IMG_1258

19 Likes

Is a “camaign” a type or shape of cheese?

3 Likes

@Funtime can you find any Welsh muck on the shelves? I’ll fucking tear it apart when I get home.

1 Like

That chess was probably made using milk from Ireland anyway.

According to the IFA in 2016, 34% of Ireland’s dairy exports went to the UK, representing 53% of cheese exports, 29% of butter and 12% of SMP (Skim Milk Powder). Exports of cheddar cheese were 78,000 tonnes, representing 82% of all cheddar imported by the UK in 2016. I don’t have the current figures for fresh milk exports to the UK, but I’d be fairly confident that it is a significant contributor to UK-based manufacturers.

Ireland is the only significant exporter of cheddar to the UK market and the UK market is the only market of significance for Irish cheddar. Just because it has GB on the label does not mean that the raw material was from UK farmers…

3 Likes

So Brexit is going to fuck up Irish dairy farmers?

We’re too dependent on the UK Market, let’s hope not.

The English can’t produce enough milk to process demand for cheese, and the dairy secter in Northern Ireland supplied about 800m litres of fresh milk to the ROI market from dairy production. Will NI farmers direct their supplies to mainland UK if they’re encountering trade barriers? If we can’t get a common tariff arrangement post-Brexit for both sides of the border, then we will have to increase the share of our dairy going to the EU and other international markets.

1 Like

This happens across EU with different produce, think Italians buy olives from Spain and package them as theirs…

1 Like

What about cheese from the six counties? Do you class it as british?

Why wouldnt he

the 6 counties isn’t considered part of Britain mate

it would be UK cheese if you want to be a west brit about it

1 Like

Good man yourself. I knew there was a valid reason for your tones appreciation.

1 Like

Charleville Cheddar actually has a UK stamp on the back of it.

The cheese itself is produced in Ireland but then shipped to the UK to be packaged before being sent back to Ireland.

I’ve wondered about this and stopped buying that cheese as a result of the UK label.

1 Like

It’s EU law. You have to provide the location of packaging. One of the Irish co-ops have a big packaging plant in the UK.

1 Like

Fucking Charleville

1 Like

Blessed are the cheese makers

Rath Luairc me bollix

1 Like

Forelock tugging quisling

The likes of u filled your trolley brim full of British produce while we starved during the famine.

Anyone who buys cheese with a Union Jack on it should also stop by the soup section.

I’ll keep my eyes open for this. Welsh cheese = legitimate target

1 Like