Car trouble - honest appraisals only

Thats the handbrake logo

Steering wheel light is different

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 770085, member: 348”]Thats the handbrake logo

Steering wheel light is different[/quote]

Play the video.

im here to offer half assed advice…

diesel?

Diesel light won’t come on, along with the rest of the symbols. Only the handbrake light and the steering light come on.

It comes and goes as well, it was grand this morning.

Bumped for The Runt. Carryharry or one of the lads should be able to answer your question better than me.

Herself had a mishap with a gateway today. Nice dent on the back wing and door scratched to shit but that appears to be the least of the worries.
EPC fault light coming on meaning it it is get me home mode and it looks as though the back wheel alignment is off. Wheel looks to be at a 175 degree angle as opposed to 180 with the car.

Would the Axel/alignment issue be a job for mechanic or panel beater?

Hopefully neither

If you could live with the cosmetic damage there’s a couple of decent small business mechanics around Porto. They won’t start the meter til they actually do some work at least.

Very few fellas can tell if a tyre is at 175 degrees by eye so unless you a spirit level on it is say you might be ok . I’m sure there is a % margin of error built in anyway
Did she hit a kerb on the way also? If not then tell bodywork took the brunt of the wall so i think the wheel should be OK.
Pop off the wheel and put it back on. If you have a concern get it balanced anyway first of all…take ithe from there id say

Check the wheels and see are they all 90 degrees to the concrete. Check all 4 and maybe your neighbours as well
Use maybe a protractor and a right angle and get a small notebook.
You should be able to calculate a reasonable stdev then and see where your wheel sits to the baseline

1 Like

Would you not just take it to a pro and get the alignment checked for 20 quid/ whatever euro?

Ah come on @glenshane. I thought you’d know better.

Drive her at the tonne on a wet Road. Then slam on the brakes.
She’s ok or she’s not. Them’s the breaks.

1 Like

I’d say he slammed her head off the kitchen wall when he saw the state of the wheel

For her own good!

If 3 wheels are pointing in the right direction and one is off by 5 degrees I reckon his missus will be grand if she drives down the road holding the steering wheel 1.66 degrees in the opposite direction. Maybe if he put the protractor on the steering wheel and made a little mark for her so she’d know.

How’s the gate? Was it yer own or someone else’s?

You’d like to think she knew whether or not her husband had a gate. You should give her the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe the wheel was out of line before the accident :fearful: