Car trouble - honest appraisals only

:rolleyes:

I mean gone as in stopped working, now move along you.

It’ll be a fuse, 2 min fix. There’ll be spare fuses in the fuse box. Get out your owners manual and it’ll tell you what fuse is for cig lighter. Check there isn’t a coin or part of some charging device stuck in the socket first.

Thanks, bro.

This might help if the manual doesn’t Bomber.

http://www.volvo-forums.com/t15857-where-is-the-fuse-box-on-the-06-s4039s.htm

Thinking of investing in a Sat-Nav guys and I will probably call into Halfords today, any particular models you would recommend and any offers you would suggest going with? Would Sat Navs be fairly accurate with city routes or do they regularly change.

Satnav in Ireland is a joke without the postcode system used in civilised countries. Do good deeds with the money instead.

Garmin Nuvi is decent
bought it in oregon last year for 100 USD
it came with the US and canada included , however they make their money when you want to download maps of countries that you will be travelling in
the whole middle east package cost 200 USD as an add on for example

i keep on geting prompts on the thing asking me to update it but TBH i never bother logging to do so,

cities are really all i use it for, what really bugs me is that you always need a street address, this can be a disaster if you are looking for a football ground or something

in ireland i would have no use whatsoever for one, maybe dublin, but 5 minutes studying the map and u usually are fine

I will be required to do a lot of travel across the city in the coming weeks so I reckon it would come in quite handy for this. Does Sat Navs also locate parking areas close by?

Is there not a Sat Nav App that you can get for a Smartphone??

Just use the google maps on your android phone. If youre using an i phone buy a sat nav

Halfords are an absolute disaster of a place. I’d steer clear of them for starters. The people working there have no clue about anything car related.

Hoping to take my own car in tomorrow, it’s still lightly leaking something. Seem to have a flat tire too. :frowning:

[size=6]Danger! Dunph at work[/size] :licklips:

Friday Night Lights. :clap:

So over two weeks later and with the leak continuing i finally got around to taking the car to a mechanic today, don’t think anyone accurately diagnosed the problem…

It is a coolant leak. Where the two hoses go to the engine, water is coming out somewhere. He needs to replace the unit and it needs a new thermostat. Whole thing comes to circa £160 incl labour and parts etc.

I said to your man i will talk to the garage i bought the car off and see if they will pay for the repair under the 3 month warranty they gave me. I said i will try to get you to do the work but he said they might want it done themselves, that’s if they do it at all. I said what do i owe you for looking at it, nothing he said. :clap: I rang the garage and explained what happened, they said they would cover it and to go ahead and let your man do it and invoice them. My new mechanic is carrying out the repair on Wednesday morning. :clap: :clap:

Splendid news :clap:

A great result for the forum.

Going to the Merlin car auction this week. Have my eye on the likes of something like this

http://www.merlincarauctions.ie/cardetails/103277

Anyone been to one of these auctions? Must bidding going on, any value?

good news dunph
why did yiu decide to take it accross the border to get the work done?
must have cost u a fortune on the petrol