Career Change

Congrats mate. What line of work are you going into?

Fuel injection technician

2 Likes

Congratulations @ChocolateMice
Onwards and upwards
Or sideways
Or downhill
Or something.

Enjoy that soup mate. Slurpy slurp.

4 Likes

Congrats mate. Is it in the line you studied in or is it a real job ?

2 Likes

Congrats, I assume Christy kinehan was on the interview panel.

I think we should celebrate with a powder party @ChocolateMice.

When fellas with Arts degrees are getting jobs you know the good times are back. :clap:

6 Likes

PhDS

1 Like

People with arts degrees are highly sought after. It’s all about transferable skills these days… Anyway, hopefully this time next year I’ll be off burgers and serving on the drive through window, I always wanted one of those radio /walkie talkie things around my head.

1 Like

I’d actually be slower to give a fella with an Arts PHD a job. At least a fella with a degree realised his mistake

12 Likes

That’s certainly not true anyway, buddy not too take away from your good news.

What field are you working in? Is it start of a new career or just something to pay the bills for a while?

The one there off the Groody roundabout. He’s helping Fossetts get setup.

4 Likes

Both, pal… I’m going back to school I’d say and the man is going to pay for it. I’ve yet to decide tho… It will be between two multinationals- I have hours teaching/tutoring and work with access and disability students if I want above in Limerick which is disappointing to leave behind but it’s not going anywhere, you know?

1 Like

I’m sure you could pick up a few hours work in the evenings and the weekends doing that down in Cork, bro which could be spiritually fulfilling after 40 soul crushing hours working for the man.

2 Likes

You working in O’Donovans?

No… But I stopped there on the way home from my first day.

2 Likes

That’s a nice ale. Best of luck with the new job, pal.

1 Like

You’ll surely get the ride tonight.

1 Like