Career Change

He’ll hardly emulate Whitaker anyway.

AP at 27
Secretary Dept of Finance at 40

Still alive too @ 99.

I liked that art, though I have no idea what you are talking about.

1 Like

HEO all the way pal. Think of the pension.

1 Like

There are more than enough bog standard solicitors in the country without you adding to the pool.

4 Likes

Go for it buddy. You seem like the kind of guy who isn’t scared to roll his sleeves up and look really busy at important times. You’ll be a roaring success.

14 Likes

:grinning:
What a lovely line brimmer.

ask yourself first, why did i go and do the law degre. write it down 3 or 4 times over next few days.

then decide.

1 Like

Spell it properly though.

7 Likes

You’re hurting from yesterdays whooping. I get it

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

:joy::joy::wave:

Ah lads, ye are on fire today… I’ve spilt my peppermint tea all over the desk here.

Not as simple as that kev, I’ve a wife with long term cancer treatment who will be not be working for the foreseeable future a young daughter and a mortgage and at the end of the day my desire to provide for them to the best of my ability outweighs my long-standing interest in law and the dream of practising it.

43 Likes

Lots of people do law and realise they don’t want to be solicitors. Yours truly for example.

1 Like

It’s a no brainer so.

3 Likes

Really hope it all works out for you

2 Likes

+1

1 Like

Likewise

1 Like

Best of luck with it Art. Who knows how life will turn again in a few years - Get stuck into the new role and dominate the cunts.

1 Like

Ah ya i know that. But sometimes, and i’m not talkjng about you or Art, people forget their dreams and get laxy or take easy options.

@artfoley is clearly in a different situation here and i was not aware of his family situation.

Best of luck with whatever decision art.

2 Likes