Career Change

Subs to the Irish Examiner will grow exponentially as people to keen to find out who wins between CSM Slatina and FC Rapid Bucuresti

1 Like

I could I suppose.

@Bandage - @Malarkey will put in word for you.

1 Like

Did you get around to posting this yet? I’d be interested to have a peruse.

Remind me again at some point, only started the new gig this morning so possibly won’t have time to post in depth til the weekend

How much would a general sports correspondent get paid by newspapers these days?

Fire it up there Big Dan

The day before the game

1 Like

For those considering a career charge, want to gain some new skills or want something to occupy themselves in the evenings, the courses on Ecollege are free at the moment as a result of the pandemic (To allow people to get some new skills while they’re out of work)

Around 30 courses available. You can only be enrolled to 1 at a time though.

8 Likes

Bump

So do you actually have to handle the pythons or what?

Cc. @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy . You should consider this. You wont be serving prawn sandwiches at the yacht club for a good while yet. Might help pass the time at least

FC Brasov

All these springboard courses were free for anyone one the dole/PUP, which I assume is most people here. The top colleges in the country and nearly all the courses are over zoom. The ones listed here are all for the 2020/2021 year but I assume they’ll have new ones up in the summer.

https://springboardcourses.ie/search

Its a great scheme. For employed people 90% of the cost is covered by the scheme. I got a post grad qualification for €600 and will probably go back again next year. I couldn’t recommend it enough

3 Likes

Did you do all online??

If so what was the time commitment

The course I was on was blended learning. 3 Saturdays 9-4 before Christmas and 3 after plus 2 end of semester exams on Saturdays.

Your expected to do 20 hours a week on top. Realistically it was along the lines with my job and my continous assessment projects were based on my job. I say I spent 7/8 hours a weekend tipping away. Mostly CA.

The last lecture was online (April 2020) and exam was online afterwards. The thesis did take a good bit of time as it was basically the same as a final year project from an undergrad program.

Its doable if your willing to sacrifice a day a weekend and maybe some annual leave if you can’t get study leave.

I didnt do the course I wanted this year as I started a new job and wanted to suss out a project to work on tying in with my job. Have that planned now. When I have that completed I will have to do another thesis and I’ll have a masters (plus a professional qualification) for the bones of €1800.

5 Likes

I did one last year too, it was every Thursday 6 - 9, until covid came around. Was well worth doing .

3 Likes

Its a great thing to swing come annual review time. What’s your CPD plan, well I have x qualification completed for a third level institution. Could be worth an extra % point in your pay rise

What’s a pay rise ?

1 Like