Career Change

that was relaxing too - although it took about 2 or 3 days to not be terrified in the back of the car as me man just randomly picked lanes or missed people walking by an inch.

So long as he’s on a desk job in the compound he should be fine.

The Boko boys might get a little suspicious of recent joinee ‘Batigolu’, sitting in the corner of the tent sweating profusely through his Limerick goalie jersey with “FUCK TIPP” stamped on the side of his AK47.

2 Likes

download (2)

20 Likes

Ah it’s brilliant craic. I was in Hyderabad one time. We had three cars driving back to the airport one Thursday night. Monsoon season, pissing rain and getting dark. Three lane highway. Next thing the driver swerves to avoid a dead cow in the middle lane, four legs up in the air and surrounded by broken glass. No one in the car said a word. Then when we got to the airport all anyone could say was “did you see the fucking cow, did you see the fucking cow?”

5 Likes

I know a few lads who did stints in Africa. Opportunity to go and see some amazing things. Uganda looks great from the Instagram shots anyway.

Jamaica is another ball game. I know a lad who had to work over there for a while. Said you’d see some sights

It was a pantomime every day

Kenya is good but Tanzania is meant to be the best.

I may have mentioned before that one of my neighbours was working down in Mozambique on the natural gas site which was evacuated recently He said the country was as poor as could be.

Another neighbour has a brother in Kenya married to a granddaughter of Jomo Kenyatta and they get first class treatment when they have visited. And a sister who is in the diplomatic corps so they have great holiday opportunities. They provided the $7000 bottle of Japanese whiskey which we unknowingly drank two Christmases back.

So … go for it if you can, dont turn down opportunities

1 Like

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

29 Likes

Were you poached pal or is it new area ?

PINTS!

1 Like

huzzah

1 Like

a sad day in teddys is scrumdiddlies gain

4 Likes

Same area, courted more than poached

4 Likes

Were you wooed mate?

1 Like

was your head turned?

2 Likes