Career Change

Cambodia is very hierarchical. The vast majority earn a meagre living, have few rights and very poor education levels. 1.5 million Cambodians live on less than 76 cents a day. If you have education and money you have power. We have had the same PM here for 36 years and human rights have gotten worse in the time I have been here. Many Cambodians see the PM as a Vietnamese stooge and there would be a lot of dislike for Vietnam in particular with Vietnam ‘‘grabbing’’ Cambodian land and children/families forced to speak Vietnamese. Many Cambodians emigrate to Thailand and Vietnam to earn better wages and send money back to their families here.

2 Likes

That is very kind of you to say but absolutely not true.

1 Like

Ray is a girl, this news will rock the forum.

1 Like

Ray is not.

2 Likes

:smile: you had to expect that!

What are attitudes towards the gay community over there?

1 Like

:pensive: :pensive:

1 Like

Cambodia is generally quite conservative with no same sex marriage permitted yet. I have experienced nothing but tolerance.

6 Likes

Would you call it sweltering?

1 Like

Very little silage made there so,I assume it’s all hay.Square bales or round bales?

3 Likes

Ray’s love life is his own business.

7 Likes

Fair play to you for finding something more. Most lads don’t even look it

2 Likes

It’ll happen for you mate too hopefully :crossed_fingers:

Does Ray usually refer to himself in the third person these days? He’d get short shrift on San Greeno with that sort of craic.

1 Like

Alright Cilla, calm down love

A very good point.

Could you get married in Ireland and then head back over?

Yes if we wished to and may do so in time. Marriage wouldn’t be recognized here though.

1 Like

:+1::+1:

Great stuff mate.

1 Like

A lot of HB phrases there!

1 Like

Would you be worried about public display of affection, or openly cohabiting there?
I’d still worry about it here tbh, not the cohabiting, but any public hand holding or anything.
If it was my lad , I’d be cautioning him to be careful, as there are some nasty bastards about.

1 Like