Career Change

Great stuff, a friend of mine in the construction sector moved to a council role a couple of years back. Like that he took a pay cut but way better job security plus quality of life. He’s delighted with it.

1 Like

Is it a denfined benefit pension? Your laughing best of lick

The only problem with the pension is they won’t have the money to pay it out by the time you retire.

39 days holidays a year, you could take on a second job

1 Like

Congratulations.

Thanks mate. A good reply makes the job change very worthwhile

5 Likes

Good man, great news. A right time to have your ship in port for there’s a storm incoming.

1 Like

@Thomas_Brady just informed me he has taken on a role as a Gigolo. Best of luck Tom

If you love your job, you’ll never have to work a day in your life @Thomas_Brady

1 Like

Best of luck

1 Like

Agreed. Also, if you love not working, you’ll never have to work a day in your life. Cc @Thomas_Brady

3 Likes

So you think they’ll just stop paying it ?

We can always just tax private sector workers more.

2 Likes

Sounds like the most likey scenario that will be put forward :joy::joy:

In all seriousness there will be a point in the next 10 years where a goverment will have to make the decision to move public sector employees to a DC pension. Years of talks to settle on new enterants will be put on the scheme with less benefits etc. At the current rate it make break the country in a few decades

Raise the retirement age to 75.

Remove state pension

Opening myself up to all sorts here, but anyway, I might get some pointers in the right direction.

I am looking to recruit 2 or 3 Irish guys/women in the 25-35 age bracket for site engineer/project engineer/estimator roles. I will probably hold interviews in Dublin mid-late September, but where would be the best place to advertise these interviews? Is Jobs.ie the best option or what else is available? Any of those recruitment/jobs exhibitions coming up in the next 2 months?

@Loko_Cove @Gman

Why the age profile?

Indeed.ie would get a lot of views I’d say

2 Likes

Why do you think?

Generally, not after graduates because they’re two a penny here.

On the other end, there are some restrictions on a particular visa pathway for over 30’s. Obviously, i’m not advertising this but more i’m thinking where do 25-35 year olds look when they’re job hunting/pondering life.