Career Change

I’d happily retire tomorrow if I could

9 Likes

Wouldn’t do me any harm. We’ve just overtaken them as the biggest

5 Likes

Yup but its the modus operandi for so many at the moment and I think will be the way forward for all and sundry with the price of these things - particularly for young families.

An ooftie there for @backinatracksuit

2 Likes

What’s it about?

This is critical @iron_mike

If I was to save for a 20,000 euro car (3 or 4 year old saloon) it would take me a good 2 years and that would be pouring all my savings into it and not saving for holidays etc. Not requiring some sort of loan is easier said than done

Many people are clearly driving cars that are too big and too new for their needs. And too expensive. People borrowing 40k to buy an asset that will be worth 15k when the loan runs out. The Irish roads are full of new Tucsons, Sportages, Q5s, Range Rovers, Xc60s and 90s and so on that people couldn’t possibly need on any rational analysis or afford without borrowing.

14 Likes

Exactly right and you have no comeback. In a functioning workplace the boss delegates like fuck but has to take accountability and roll up the sleeves when the shit hits the fan.

@iron_mike comes across as a sound skin on here and would be well able. The hardest job you should have when you move up is to replace yourself. When someone else takes a hold you are under their right to delegate.

What I see in workplaces now more regularly than ever are people who’ve positioned themselves in senior roles without competence and accountability. They push all shit downhill and throw pure drama when they’re put to the wall.

Id rather see our man Mike go for the juggler here and improve the pension biscuits

2 Likes

True to a large extent but such is the way with family cars nowadays.

I say this while sitting behind a 97 Toyota Starlet during the week. Touch wood she hasnt let me down.

4 Likes

I’d say that pound for pound those starlets were one of the best cars ever put out on the roads. The amount of them still on the roads after 20+ years is unreal.

5 Likes

No, the monthly allowance will increase

1 Like

Always Sunny Dance GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

1 Like

A week before the NCT 2 years ago the battery was gone and she wouldnt start. Jumped her. Drove her around a bit. Passed without an issue.

Last year - rust had put a hole under wheel arch at the back. Got it fixed up all good NCT again.

I hadnt serviced her this year and thought she waa fucked. Passed again.

But thats for another thread. Today we’re pushing Mike to become the fuckin man!

Ray Liotta Lol GIF

Mike is gonna be a made guy

8 Likes

That’s often a good enough reason in itself to go for it.

2 Likes

Go for it. No bother to you.

1 Like

You saw that in 2008. All those 100k motors and none of them paid for.

I’ve noticed an increase in the number of ostentatious cars on the road recently.

You’re right re the family home. If you’ve that paid for and anything happens you can survive on very little. A lot of lads got burned chasing the trophy home and swapping mortgage free for 1m mortgage plus at mid forties. Madness.

6 Likes

A lot to be said for being off the grid managing your own workload

1 Like

When I was refinancing my current home in the Celtic Tiger days the lad in the bank told me shure you can borrow twice as much as that. I politely declined.

2 Likes

Lockdown savings spent on fancy new cars. And the same clowns will be cribbing that they’ve no money for Santy this year.

3 Likes