Career Change

Yes, and he needs to exploit that

2 Likes

With Bandages book smarts, and TFK’s ability to exploit people with book smarts…

Big data

1 Like

BLOCKCHAIN

1 Like

Bandage is the type of lad who could do anything he turned his hand to

1 Like

On @Bandage 's main question, is there anyone on this who does sports marketing ??!! Would genuinely love to ask you a few questions on it.

Has anyone here done consultancy? A mate of mine is high up the chain in a US based firm and has asked me a few times about jumping ship. The money is great but the lifestyle sounds fairly rough. For the first couple of years at least. The work itself seems manageable but being on the road pretty much constantly would probably wear on you after a while.

Watch House of Lies before you decide!!!

All joking aside. It seems utterly fucking joyless unless you were a specific technical consultant. A general management consultant advising on business transformation might be well paid but where does it lead? Are you on a hamster wheel you can’t get off? If you were genuinely good at business transformation and you went into a big organisation doing it you would probably end up making huge career progression and diversify into loads of different areas

That might suit @dancarter if only he were still posting

Great job if you’re a cunt.

Consultants wank around the place for a few months. They come up with justifications for what top mgt want anyway. They implement whatever it is and when it all goes tits up they are long gone.

7 Likes

It’s a load of bollox if you are young and ambitious, better off being in a decent sized company and working your way up or even sideways. Most consultants are absolute wanks.

2 Likes

The amount of money spent on the cunts though is unreal.

1 Like

Powerpoint jockeys

1 Like

In suits.

Please PM me with any job offers or recommendations.

I’ll pass them onto my friend if there’s anything appealing.

Mate, how do the management on the Banking Retail side get away with doing a sub 40 hour week? Regional sales management guys for example?

I know 2 of them on nice salaries and they never do overtime.

Have you been in a bank lately? Sure the cunts barely open the doors these days. PTSB’s main branch in Limerick don’t do cash transactions after 3 O’Clock. A bank, that doesn’t do cash transactions :joy:.

They only open at 10 as well.

Actually I’m going to look at getting into banking, it’s as good as the civil service

1 Like

My recommendation if you see a job offer on LinkedIn or online, try and get your CV in to someone you know working in the company. Gets to the right desk a lot faster than recruitment agents. They are horrible individuals - had one bint ringing the company reception constantly to get through to me and stating where she was calling from.

2 Likes