Career Change

If public transport was up to scratch people wouldn’t need cars

1 Like

We live in an area with good bus routes to the city centre, a train station into the city centre, in a city that has an international airport. We went from two cars to one and we make it work.

4 Likes

It’s a crime there isn’t a train from Dublin to Dingle.

If they brought in one of those 300km hour trains you could do it in under an hour.

4 Likes

They are digging up the train line to put down a greenway, get out the bike

I’d earn my pints cycling from Dublin to Dingle tbf.

I don’t. We couldn’t be without 2 cars

1 Like

I need a car and about a 1/6 of a car. If those walk up car rental things were nearer or something I’d nearly do without the second one

2 Likes

If lads want to be smart about it, you can pick up a very solid secondhand car that’s both nice and functional for c.€10k-15k. Paddy has a hang-up over mileage, but there’s no reason why a good diesel engine that’s gotten the basic oil and filter changes won’t see upwards of 300,000km or more. But, no. Mammy wants that shiny new 1.5L Peugeot 5008, so sign up to PCP for €50k.

3 Likes

I got herself a lovely diesel focus for 10k

4 Likes

I have a Focus too. It is 13 years old and is running perfectly. A much more reliable car than a Golf, if a little less refined.

1 Like

We have one as well. Great little car

1 Like

Now you’re talking. A pal of mine is after picking up a 2012 BMW 5 Series estate with 150k miles on the clock. Timing chain done at 140k miles. The car was serviced on the button and looks the part. 180bhp too and road tax is only €280. He paid €12k cash. The only job.

2 Likes

The Mark 1 focus was bulletproof. Yours is probably a mark 2 or 3, but they were also very good motors.

They’re solid as fuck on the road. You feel safe in it. She had a golf before that which was the same

Whats the current miles to kilometers exchange rate. I cant work out if rhats good value?

Lads would ye encourage Mike please. Think of all the free chocolate at the TFK golf outings if he gets promoted.

Just do whatever the wife recommends Mike. It’s the best and safest bet all round. Good Kilkenny woman.

240km

It’s 1:1.

Take the job and go out with your nerves. That’ll learn the pushy bastarding capitalist pig dogs.

Just in time for economic hardships.