Career Change

The train originally went as far as Kenmare. That’s why Parknasilla is where it is, it was a railway hotel built to encourage people to come to Kenmare on the train and then get a jarvey to Parknasilla.

2 Likes
1 Like

With the crazy increase in new car prices I think my 3 year old car is worth the same as I bought it for.

I won’t buy another new car for a few years. It’s my last ICE car :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Tbf, I’ll be using Go-Car for the fourth time next week as Mrs Locke has the car up the country. I’d use the bike with the carrier if I could only it only had the one carrier and I’d need too. Also the crèche is up on a steep hill cc @Thomas_Brady and I’d need an electric motor on the bike. Actually, might look into it.
€57.00 a day for a Go-Car btw if anyone is curious.

2 Likes

So you will have spent over €200 this month on it. Say €2400 a year. Not much saving there really versus leaving the yoke outside to slowly die

Four times in 12 months, so once a quarter. Sorry if there is any misunderstanding. So in total I would say just over €300 on Go-Cars as the one I’m getting next week is midday on Monday and I can give it back at the same time the following day so €57.00. Normally It would be around €110 for the two days.

Sorry my misread, that’s a big saving then

cars & steaks

is there anything @Mac likes that isnt killing the planet?

2 Likes

great stuff brah

1 Like

Where did I mention cars?

it was implied you fuckwit

I was referring to Cauliflower Steaks as well by the way. You’ve got meat on the brain that you automatically assume thats what everyone is talking about

3 Likes

I went in thinking of borrowing 200k and was offered 680k. This over the phone. I said I already had a big mortgage. They weren’t concerned. Seemed slightly remarkable at the time only. Now seems utterly ludicrous.

The rarer SUV’s are, the more people will want one.

When we went in for ours the mortgage salesman, who happened to be the bank manager tried to sell us more than we needed and longer than we wanted. Well he tried to sell it to my wife. If you got 20k more you could get a nice kitchen for your house, or 40k and you could a nice car and a once in a lifetime holiday. I could see he was gonna land a blow soon so called a halt and told him we’d be in touch

2 Likes

Diesel should be banned from all urban areas with immediate effect. It’s like smoking in a roomful of people. It’s filthy poisonous bilge and utterly selfish.

1 Like

You are considered a right failure altogether if you don’t have a wife, 2 kids, dog, own a 4/5 bedroom house and a big SUV/Audi/BMW Car by the time you are 35.

I’ll probably have none of those things at my current trajectory but I couldn’t care less to be honest.

3 Likes

If it’s only cost neutral it’s still a good thing. Fair play @Locke
There’s some round the corner from us, but I barely would need them. The blue arrow is 40 yes old this year, so tax and MOT exempt.
It has a battery cut off switch in the boot. I’ve not spent a penny on it other than petrol and cheap insurance in 2 years and a basic service. I only drive it an odd time.
I’m probably going to continue in this vein.
Like @TheUlteriorMotive , our next car once herselfs Audi blows up will be an electric lease.

1 Like

There’s nothing as pure as a born again whore.

A 40 year old v8 isn’t selfish? :rofl:

3 Likes