Cars

CEO and invoice redirect fraud

Hacked emails mainly.
At its simplest they hack the email account of someone senior in an organisation, send an email to finance requesting something to be paid to a bank account.

Invoice redirection is similar, either hack or spoof an email address, send an email to the customer saying the supplier bank details have changed. Customer pays the invoice to the wrong bank account.

I’ve come across some very sophisticated versions of these, one in particular was a click away from a 6 figure bank transfer.

5 Likes

Got that bit alright looking more specific

Sure look at the amount of shitty garages out in the sticks selling all these high powered English cars.They stick out like a sore thumb.Laundering drug money every one of them.

2 Likes

How exactly does the laundering work ?

I was under the impression that people involved in a cash business would buy a car in the UK for cash (20K for example).

Bring the car over here then and sell it on for as close as they can get to their 20k. That’s “clean” money then.

1 Like

But would you not need to be able to show how you purchased the stock in the first place?

@TreatyStones there’s a lad from town living in the estate in Kildimo. He’s on the dole,she’s on the dole,their 18 year old is on the dole.Hes a well known drug dealer.Rymes with Melly.Hes got an fairly new English reg Audi,she’s got a fairly new English reg Merc, he’s driving a fairly new english reg beamer.Next month they’ll all have different reg English cars.

1 Like

I don’t know the ins and outs of how they do it but basically what @Copper_pipe says is true.

There was a dealer who opened up near by my inlaws in Tipp.
We passed the yard one Saturday morning on our way up for a visit. There was around 30 cars in the forecourt. On our way back that evening the place was deserted, with all the cars gone.

The odd one might be, it would be silly to suggest they’re all at it.

This was exactly the place I presumed it was going to be when I read the story

Have to say I’m a big fucking fan of CAB. Going after these cunts where it hurts the most: their pockets

3 Likes

The last reply on page 1 :joy:

https://twitter.com/cccuration/status/1140863907860537344?s=21

@flattythehurdler picking up the papers

Well @anon67715551

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-cortina/26841039

1 Like

“Can’t be faulted”
Hmm. :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

@KinvarasPassion

Look at this beaut :heart_eyes: