Cars

Are they actually shit? I was literally looking at one on done deal, what’s the issue with them? I know nada about cars.

Astra & insignias. They seem cheap, obviously a reason?

Piles of scrap. I’ll say no more.

Even more reason not to buy a diesel. 50k a year of fumes toxic to children and adults.

2 Likes

Lots of people fail their driving test. Dont let it get you down

2 Likes

Its devastating mate :sweat_smile:

Being honest, decided to spend a few pound on a nice car - better to say nothing around these parts.

2 Likes

You cunt

You’re a tempestuous guy, if you read his withdrawn post (surely you’re within the tent) you’d realise the inanity of your foul-mouthed riposte.
You’re borderline infraction material. Calm down.

Petrol must be fair cheap in America

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JhvZJ4pmFHE

I’m not having that.

That’s the way it’s gone these days. Lads making fake videos to go viral.

Anyone have an understanding or idea of how changes in motor tax are going to go the next while?

Are diesel cars about to be made prohibitively expensive? If so is a diesel car bought now likely to depreciate a lot faster on resale value?

cc @carryharry @briantinnion

You’re hardly doing the mileage to justify diesel anyhow? Bar the odd trip home

Nobody living and working in a big town needs a diesel.

5 Likes

Probably not. I cycle everywhere in the city anyway.

Same question applies to a petrol car I suppose. Is anything that’s not at least a hybrid going to get a lambasting?

It’s only going in one direction anyway, you probably have to be considering some kind of hybrid effort at the least

Look at more than just the cost of taxing the car. A hybrid will still have an internal combustion engine, as well as a motor, so I’d imagine there’s very little saving to be made in terms of servicing costs. As noted above, if you’re not doing regular medium to long journeys you are asking for trouble with a diesel engine. The regular short runs will have your EGR valve or DPF causing engine warnings. Secondhand Nissan Leafs look to be decent value at the minute.

2 Likes

Are you going new or newish?

Save the environment, buy a secondhand petrol car. 1.4L tops.

Cars a cod really.

1 Like

Just get an ev

3 Likes

I’d be open to either, tending towards newish. The main use would be longer drives, not for city use, would prefer 1.6 or more likely 1.8.

why would you prefer the 1.6 or 1.8?

doing great stuff with smaller cc engines these days