Cars

@carryharry @PasqualePaoli

I have a cracked alloy that’s past welding. Is there a code or a marking on the alloy somewhere that will make it easy to find a replacement?

Are you near Limerick?

An hour or so

Check your PMs.

1 Like

Just keep your eyes peeled for one that looks like it and give @Thomas_Brady a quick call.
Never mind trekking to Limerick.

2 Likes

Lad I know here was in Doonbeg recently. When he got up in the morning the four alloys off of his Passat had been stolen. I console myself with the notion that I’ve kerbed my alloys so often nobody would be bothered robbing them.

2 Likes

If anyone needs help kerbing their alloys, I’m sure my darling wife will gladly oblige. Should manage all 4 in a couple of days.

8 Likes

You sure it’s past saving?

They must have been new were they?

Lads with lovely alloys they never see spinning :man_shrugging:

Standard rims easier fit an affordable tyre and just less maintenance

New enough.

Yes. Been welded a few times

It would need to be very bad to be completely wrote off.

Try Lawlor crash repairs in Clonmel tomorrow. Send them a photo of damage and if they can’t fix it, no one can

2 Likes

Anybody know if the Volvo XC90 (2014)is 4 wheel drive
7 seater but wondering if it would be a daycent motor to pull a caravan

Be more than able.

I wouldn’t think it’s needed, the 4wd but I imagine it’s standard on it anyway.

Be hard on fuel towing but anything will tbh.

Super spacious vehicle but get it well looked over if not being bought off a Volvo dealer.
Simple job like brake pads could be a pocket lightener.

Tyres too will be expensive so have a good look there too

A ford transit would be more suitable for the caravan

1 Like

Very hard car to manouvre in and around a city. May not be an issue for you @backinatracksuit but a huge turning circle and general bulk makes it tricky in multi story car parks and especially so on the continent.

Yeah but getting one that’s in good order with seats is next near impossible. Cost a fortune to tax & keep fuelled up then and no comfort.

The Volvo will be at its ease & comfortable

If you have any brain you’ll get a volvo to lug a large family around in. Bullet proof

Bedford be the job