Cars

You were going Cork to Derry or vice versa. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::hushed:

1 Like

Both ways forever

Odd choice of route thatā€™s all.

1 Like

I was on that fuckin road week in/ out for years,and actually had to go up down,up down a few times within a day and a half
Nightmareeeerr
I used drive to Romania no sweat,up to 8 times a year at one stage now Iā€™m fucked going to Dublin for a match

Longer but better for me,
Plus on occasion stopped not too far from you to visit mates on the Donegal/ Fermanagh border around and in Ballyshannon,Iā€™ve a limerick mate up there originally from Glin

I went south from Derry a few months back by car. After Omagh there was a trip through wild country and places like Fintona, Tempo & Lisnaskea before coming out on the main road between Derrylin and Cavan. Stopped in Ballinagh for the roaster feed

1 Like

DerrylinšŸ«£ youd need to put me on cocaine to stay a night there,did in the past
Not to be repeated

How the f did u end up there :face_with_peeking_eye:

You were going the finest until the final hurdle. When you hit the Derrylin part you should have aimed for Longford - Athlone etc.
Roasters are however inclined to follow the crows and go for shortest distance and put up with the hardships.

Take that back immediately. Thereā€™s the finest of sorts in Derrylin and Iā€™m not talking about Quinn supporters. Granted itā€™s not the busiest of spots but I wonā€™t hear a word against it.

1 Like

Iā€™d a bit of a bad experience there tbh , wonā€™t elaborate but turned me right off the kip, sorry the quaint little townā€‹:face_with_peeking_eye::+1:
Itā€™s like killnaskully only more loopers

The quickest route from where I joined the Cavan- Enniskillen road both timewise and distance wise was by Cavan, Edgeworthstown and onto Athlone.

1 Like

Fair point and one I hadnā€™t or possibly even now wouldnā€™t have considered.
Cavan would be seen as foreign territory to us and weā€™d have gone for the Longford - Athlone option. Familiarity I suppose but your figures add up.
Every day is a school day the saying says.

1 Like

Unfortunately The Three Jolly Pigeon was closed when passing and I couldnā€™t partake in looking over the lake where the waters break on the hills of Co Roscommon

1 Like

Sorry I misinterpreted your post,I meant from Strabane Iā€™d have headed for Dublin ( did it obviously a few times,made no difference,still a cunt of a journey to Cork)
I went through the middle, West, East no good

The Three Jolly Pigeons is a noble watering hole. The proprietor Seamus McCormack and his good wife are the absolute soundest of publicans.
Seamus and myself go back to the very early 70ā€™s. A gent. :pint: :pint:

1 Like

The Pigeons is one of the nicest pubs in the country.

1 Like

New rail pressure sensor and diesel filter has sorted the issue

Game changer?

Iā€™ve given a few hours this week with my eldest who is looking to upgrade.

She has a 152 Ford Ecosport with only 83K kms on the clock. We have gotten wildly different valuations of it against various trade-ins. As much as 5k in the difference.

Sheā€™s looked at 2 VW T-Crosses (lovely car, both 201s) and another 201 Ecosport which, unsurpsingly, was giving the best trade-in value.

Iā€™d like her to look at the Skoda Karoq but I know little about them. Anyone? Likewise, is the Kia Sportage much cop?

It will have to be some kind of Mini/Compact SUV for the seat height as she has some mobility issues following a badly broken leg some time ago.

Also, two of the cars she looked at have Clare registrations, which may be a dealbreaker in dealing with the shame.

1 Like