Cars

I canā€™t advise on the car choice. I presume she will have the obligatory ribbon/headband on the rearview mirror and she could cover the back window in Limerick stickers to make the situation clear if she is in the unfortunate position of having a CE reg.

A CE reg is definitely a deal breaker. I have had TS regs and was comfortable with that, CE is a stretch too far

2 Likes

Youā€™re probably right. Easy say when it is somebody else.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had TN, KY, CE, WX and currently C.

Have always avoided the L/LK ones. Luck perhaps.

1 Like

I have a D , wished I hadnā€™t

The most valuable cars going by all accounts.

A couple of local well-to-do brothers (big roasters who made a fortune with their plumbing and electrical Businesses) used to get the garages to register their new Beemers in Dublin because when they went to trade it in or sell it down the line, they didnā€™t want the townies know it was some bog muncher who probably had a s few square bales of hay in the boot at some stage and drove the car down shitty booreens on a daily basis.

10 Likes

A practise as old as time. You should never underestimate the guile and cunning that some of these spudmunchers possess. Hand in glove with the garage as well - a great Beemer Sir, belonged to a doctor in Kilmacud :wink:

5 Likes

Ah yeah I understand that,but for a cork city man itā€™s not great tbh

Worse still Iā€™m being forced to buy another D reg as the local bastards wonā€™t give me a decent trade,
Yet one chap in Dublin is giving me 6300 for my 12 D

The priests family bought it for him but he died not having even drove it on the motorway

2 Likes

You could be asking questions about the mileage too :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

KY is a no no in Cork not ref football but some of the roads down there are woeful,CN is another

CN has more hidden issues than bockety roads.

3 Likes

Iā€™d be definitely doing a good inspection under the bonnet if buying a car with a CN reg

2 Likes

But with the way you park a car at least people will see the D ref and think ā€œfair enoughā€

1 Like

My cars in regā€™s:
WX, KK, C, KK, KK, C, C, C, CW, D, D. Donā€™t own a car now. Both D regs were fleet cars

1 Like

As bad as Leitrim?:face_with_peeking_eye::+1:

In the name of fuck have you an underground garage in leafy Douglas :+1:

1 Like

Was trying to avoid you,all the hand signals,2 finger gestures etc, shocking and in front of your good lady and kids

Iā€™m still laughing thinking about that dayā€¦

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

FuckeršŸ˜‚

1 Like