Cars

I bought one in the last 2 months for that exact same reason. Early days but so far I’ve been impressed. I got a diesel and it feels a bit underpowered but to be honest when it comes to moving large amounts of children and associated luggage around that’s a lower concern. Comfortable drive.

1 Like

Ok good to hear all going well.

I was down to get one a couple of years ago with the job but then my role changed and my successor got it. He loves it. Very comfortable and has all the bells and whistles (apart from an electronic boot door).

1 Like

My Mrs has a 3008 and loves.it.Its basically a swb 5008.Never had any bother with it.Mind you it’s a 221 so you wouldn’t be expecting anything to go wrong yet.

1 Like

I was driving across Dublin today in the 5008 and noticed the distinctive silhouette of another Peugeot in front. I then noticed that it was a Dublin GAA sponsors car. My curiosity piqued I took the chance to pull alongside shortly afterwards and am delighted to see that the driver was Brian Fenton (cc @Bandage)

If Peugeot is good enough for an all-timer like him than you surely won’t go wrong @wexico14

9 Likes

@wexico14 I wouldnt judge a car on a fella who gets one for nothing and changes it every 6 months.

Did you take the opportunity to make a “please roll down your window” motion & then lambast him for his passive display in Parnell Park on Sunday?

3 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Google translate - and each car bought in auctions in Japan have history with them
All graded
Ask to see proof purchase etc
My man in hillside motors produced the grade etc in my last car a few months back
If they’ve nothing to hide they’ll have no issue’s showing u

We have a 2010 5008 the past 8yrs, it’s been incredibly practical, the only car that we could comfortably fit 3 car seats in the middle row. All seats are independent of each other and can be adjusted into multiple different positions. They also can fold completely flat along with the front passenger seat which basically turns the 5008 into a van. The two seats in the boot are also very easy to pop up and down and both have side airbags. There is 160k mls on it, 2 major jobs needed were the timing belt replacement and new clutch, apart from that it’s been grand, not the best but not the worst maintenance wise, I’ve probably spent about 25% more maintaining it than our other cars, I stayed away from the Peugeot main dealer who was double the price on everything and used our local mechanic

1 Like

Ok good to hear. Thanks for the feedback lads, its a strong contender for us. The independent seats is a huge plus as I will have 2 rear facing car seats and a baby seat there.

In fairness, Fenton changes the car so often as has had personal safety issues of late with unwanted attention from over eager fans/stalker.

Ireland is absolutely full of filthy old diesel cars. The air quality is appalling given the location and size of the country. I’m being serious for once.