Cars

I think alot of them have gone that route since Brexit. I got my A3 from a lad that bought cars in Auctions in the UK for dealers in Ireland. Rang him last year because the missus was changing and he told me he was bringing in a few from Japan but it was a hard market.
Iā€™ve my A3 around 4 years and have zero bothers. It is that bit smaller inside, something to have in your head if you have a family.

Why do they not use immobilizers in Japan? @carryharry

Weā€™ve one child and we are done so thatā€™s all the size we need. Next to impossible to get anything Irish registered from 2020-22 because of COVID I suppose. I might drop you a PM.

Japan donā€™t have to worry about scumbags thieving cars, their crime rate is miniscule.

3 Likes

Yeah, all 50km he will likely get from the battery

Iā€™ve never heard of anything bar Japanese built motors being imported from Japan, alas Iā€™d be out of the loop but thatā€™s a new one on me.

Send me a pm with that chaps info for a look & a rough idea of what you want to spend & Iā€™ll do some research for you

1 Like

Iā€™m driving jap imports 15 years
All have immobilisers
No issues
Only the aqua and one other cheapie havenā€™t got them AFAIK

1 Like

Hillside motors Tallaght are decent
Good to deal with
All jap imports
Bought off them 3/ 4 monthā€™s ago

Another good dealer is Jim Carey
Chair
(;all Japs)

1 Like

50km or less in the vast vast majority of journeys mate.

Importing Audis from Japan sounds a bit dodge doesnā€™t it?

2 Likes

Not really
Win win for everyone
Clean
Low mileage
Well serviced
Less expensive than local
Japs tend to mind their motors

Thatā€™s what I thought initially until I realised that pretty much every single Audi thatā€™s 3/4 years old on Carzone is imported from Japan now. As per @Loko_Cove above, itā€™s the new importing them from the UK. I contacted five different garages selling today and they all said the same thing. Iā€™m still somewhat wary.

1 Like

Is it not just that theyā€™re genuine Audi but they have been assembled in Asia for the Asian market with genuine Audi/VW parts. Donā€™t think there is much risk to it.

1 Like

@carryharry

Any chance you have a number of a car body repair guy around Cahir, Cashel, Clonmel area please?

Dealers here would say the danger os that there is absolutely zero history dor these cars and that anything could have happened in terms of clocking or accidents. But then dealers stand to make a lot of money out of the prices hereā€¦

Me man in Monaghan said heā€™d a full service history etc. but sure he could be showing me anything in Japanese and I wouldnā€™t have a fucking clue. For what itā€™s worth, I decided against it. I just felt uneasy about it considering it was the biggest outlay I ever had on a car. Just caught me on the hop that every one of them I found online was imported from Japan (8 garages responded to me in the end. All Japanese imports).

1 Like

Jamie Lawlor in Clonmel

1 Like

Lads, sorry if someone has already asked this question but whats the verdict on a Peugeot 5008, 2019/2020?

With the family expanding and the wifes insisting on rear facing car seats, its time for me to upgrade and im looking for something that i can have 3 car seats in the back.

I drove a 2019 Peugeot 5008 and was fairly impressed with it. But when mentioning it to a few friends i got ah sure you cant buy a french car there very unreliable etcā€¦ i thought that was a thing of the past? Anybody have any experience with a Peugeot 5008?

None personally but 3 families I know locally bought the 5008 from new and they got rid of them. 2 changed to Skoda and the other to Ford

1 Like

No

1 Like