Cars

Those Kia Sorentos are a nice jeep, HB.

Could anyone recommend a nice make of van? Iā€™ve been looking at VW Caddys and Peugot Partnersā€¦

ā‚¬50 Vrt on a commercial Dunph might I suggest you look at a Mazda B series

There is a small transit, similar to the caddy, with 3 front seats, supposed to be a right machineā€¦ Connect i think.

Dont touch the french vans Dunph. Stick with the noble Caddy. A beast of a van. Driving a 06 at the moment, plenty poke, comfortable drive and very efficient.

Drove a Kia Sorrento for a while last year, lovely machineā€¦ couldnā€™t keep diesel in her.

Dunph - on the cars up North issue. I work with a lad originally from Derry. Has a mortgage on a house in Derry but lives and works down here. He was on his way to work one morning late last year and was stopped at a checkpoint by 2 of GSHā€™s cronies. He drives a northern reg BMW. They asked him to step out of the car and then took it from him and told him heā€™d have to take it up with customs. He spent 3 or 4 days proving to customs that he had a mortgage and northern bank account etc up there. They were able to pull all sorts of records on him down here and his last 3 or 4 addresses. He spun some shite about going out with a girl at home and that he was home every weekend and only spends 2 or 3 nights a week in Dublin. Only for he could prove he had a mortgage, fixed address and bank account in the north, they were asking him for 5k or 6k in VRT. Crazy shit.

Yikes. They might have simply been looking for some back handers, Mac.

I donā€™t know what they were at to be honest. Leaving yer man stranded on the side of the road 5 or 6 odd miles from work was a bit random as well!

Anyone here have a BMW? What do they think of them etcā€¦

I canā€™t imagin a BMW with a dog box or trailer on the back of it?? You always struck me as a mercedes benz man Dunph

The BMW wouldnā€™t be for pulling dog boxes turfcutter, itā€™d be for turning up at a place in styleā€¦

Iā€™d imagine some of them could be heavy on juice thoughā€¦

The new ones are the exact opposite the Dunph very frugal diesels.

I hear the newer 3 series are very frugal machines

Have to buy a diesel though

What kind of milage we talking here dunph

Iā€™d be looking for something with maybe less than 110k miles on the clock and something around 01-04.

BMWā€™s are probably the most unreliable car on the market, they spend more
in the shop than on the road. You will struggle to find a 01 still running Dunph.

Sorry dunph what kind of daily milage

I had a 320D before I left the country Dunph. Very light on juice, I was getting around 40 miles to the gallon.

Marvelous car and it broke my heart to sell it.

Yeah i was thinking as much Rintintin. They look well though and are cheap, i donā€™t like spending over the odds for anythingā€¦

Not much, i donā€™t stray too far from the farm usually except to the shops, chipper or mart. Iā€™d do a big trip every few weeks of a few hundred miles then for somethingā€¦