Cars

I shall leave ye with this and Iā€™d Kinvarraā€™s Passion will agree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgxMgEpcKIo

I have a 04 318 and I think theyā€™re a smashing car. Iā€™ve had it 2 and a half years, havenā€™t had it in for a service yet and havenā€™t had any trouble either* (bar the battery dying a few months back but I presume that happens with most cars of that age). 2 litre petrol and get about 38ish miles to the gallon. You can pick them up for buttons now.

[size=ā€œ1ā€]*Iā€™ve only put about 12k miles on it which may be a factor here.[/size]

Jugs,

I would have thought a 2 litre petrol car would gobble the juice. I am not too familiar with this miles to the gallon lark. Say you drove up and down from Wexford on a full tank? How much would be left in the tank at the end?

:lol:

ā€œShe was lying on the roof with the wheels still turning,
And the stereo playing Daniel Oā€™Donnellā€

Noble Lyrics.

Tis years since I sang it.

No idea farmer. The next time I make the journey Iā€™ll siphon the balance out into a beaker and let you know. I double checked and itā€™s actually 35mpg.

If you were buying a car privately and didnā€™t know much about cars or whatā€™s under the hood then what is the best advice? Could you ask for a mechanics report as a condition of purchase?

Youā€™d be as well to bring a lad with you who knew what he was at.
Make sure you say you hear a bit of a knocking noise when you test drive it as well.

Iā€™d recommed you go for a petrol dunph something handy like a golf, bora, corolla, astra, civic, focus. the intial outlay will be a lot less and they are cheaper to fix

Mike Brewer is your man.

The tax avoiding Nordie cunt. Heā€™s up there with McManus, Oā€™Brien and Desmond as far as Iā€™m concerned.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, the PAYE and PRSI (or whatever itā€™s called now) he pays on his wages here might as well be forgotten about.

Any updates Dunph

Iā€™m going to buy from a dealers instead i think, turfcutter. Itā€™s surely safer than buying privately?

There are pros and cons to everything Dunph

You will get a guarantee off the dealer but you will pay more. Depends a lot on the make in my opinion fuck all seems to go wrong with Toyotas but they are a dull kind of a car, VWā€™s are lovely on the road but can be a bitch to fix. Land rovers have a bad rep but I would never complain as they are like lego to fix and a lot can be done with a lump hammer

Speaking of VWā€™s, i was looking at a few Passatts. They are a good car and a diesel one can be got cheap enough. Before iā€™d have never dreamed of drving a Passat as in Limerick all the scum drive them, what are peoples thoughts?

A lot of psychoanalysis gone into the car buying industry nowadays dunph, most common reason for a single male deciding to purchase a BMW is down to a lack of confidence in their penis length. WIth the recent advances in medical science thereā€™s probably a cheaper and more permanent solution to your problem

:rolleyes:

We have a 08 1.9 basic model. Decent machine, 1000Km on a full tank (60 litres), worth paying a few pound extra for the comfortline model IMHO.

I test drove a bluemotion twice and have decided against it as itā€™s shit on the back roads first second third down to secong up again no good same as the A4 but half the price with better fuel economy from the blumotion, might yet get a normal passat or jetta.

Iā€™m going to have a look at the avencis, mondeo and maybe a c class

PS would the comfortline change the economy car would be doing 500km plus a week

Dunp I still advise a petrol car for you

Why petrol? Arenā€™t Diesel cars cheaper to run?