Cars

you get awful scum in the economy section, thereā€™s no way a normal person should have to deal with travellers and the likes when they are enjoying a ferry crossing

5 Likes

You get a higher class of person in premium alright.

3 Likes

I love the bit coming into Dublin, I always go up and the sun deck and starting singing U2ā€™s ā€œpride in the name of loveā€ in my head and re-enacting the video bit of the boat coming into Dublin, something awakens deep inside me, a sort of primal homecoming

7 Likes

if this incident happened in Ireland youā€™d have some cowboy trying to cod @smark and rip him off, you canā€™t beat England for getting treated proper with good customer service

3 Likes

And your earth moves beneath your own dream landscape

Would you sing this before Pride (In the Name of Love)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dRQSqyH1Boc

1 Like

Well worth the extra day on the mainland so. :clap:

1 Like

If it was in Ireland Iā€™d have been stood in the sellers yard and weā€™d be roaring at each and heā€™d have a big thick, red head on him. There is no chance Iā€™d have been looked after like that if I bought off the typical Mick cowboy you have wheeling and dealing cars here. @carryharry excepted of course.

5 Likes

Youā€™d have slurry tank technicians who buy a few shit cans of cars and flip them on done deal.

1 Like

You are fucking blessed the lights came on over there. Im sure the owner would still have paid for any work needed but you would have been forced to bring the car into some crooked irish sleveen like @carryharry who would strip it for good parts while replacing the egr. The oirish are a sickening race of criminals.

7 Likes

Anyone who has brought a motor in from UK did you need something called a certificate of conformity to register it here? I have an MOT certificate from UK and also an MOT exhaust emissions test certificate but unsure if its enough. Going to ring NCT office to book test tomorrow.

Ecg?

youā€™d be waiting for a few days anyway whilst the drunken bastards are trying to sober up to try and do a days work

13 Likes

Typo you sleveen cunt

I was lucky I reached out to the TFK community for advice and saw enough sense to go back and let him repair it with his own go to guy. Would probably have been a ā‚¬1500 bill from some cowboy here to fix it.

2 Likes

You get a far better car in England, The English look after their motors and treat them with respect

2 Likes

Mot form & receipt from garage to prove value should be enough. Might need a utility bill & photo ID also.

2 Likes

How much is the vrt?

Type a little slower, pal. You not type so good when too excited.

1 Like

I know he wonā€™t like me saying this, but Harry is one of the good lads. He was up to 90 the other day purely out of concern for your predicament.

Should be ā‚¬2500 based on calcs Iā€™ve done. @carryharry is the only person here who has seen the ad to the car I bought and Iā€™m sure he will concur its a nice motor. Donā€™t show it to any fucker that asks @carryharry there is enough of my business online. Iā€™m saving ā‚¬3k on bringing this motor in from UK, even after paying VRT, on what youā€™d pay for same thing over here. Then there are the travel expenses that eat into those gains but it is still worthwhile. Albeit the inconvenience was just unreal. Missing work at short notice etc.

3 Likes