Cars

what a great post

I cant believe anybody would drive an ICE these days

I see people going into petrol stations and laugh.

2 Likes

Handy for driving home from the pub, could save rural pubs from extinction

muldoons take about 20 years to catch on

What happens if you ran out of juice on the side of the road? Is there such a thing as an emergency charger or something?

Yeah. You can carry a spare battery in a trailer.

6 Likes

A couple of things.

1. To the best of my knowledge we have 5 Years AA breakdown assistance included in the price of the car.

2. The car comes with a “granny charger” which you can use to plug into any normal electric socket. It’ll charge the car, it’ll just do it slowly. 14 hours for a full charge for us last night in the in laws. Not a big deal when you’ve nowhere to go. More of a pain when you’re in a rush.

You’d think a this stage you should be able to run a car off a microchip or something similar

Brilliant post. I love the way you thought your purchase through and then more importantly explained your rationale so concisely to the board here with facts and figures. The car is handy for you given the amount you were spending on petrol plus you’ve a charger at work for it. I’d imagine some lads in the sticks it wouldn’t work for at all, as they sit in the car on the phone to the AA at the side of the road outside Ballymucker, quietly fuming telling them to bring on a charger as the nearest outlet is a half hour away.

7 Likes

Delighted to have been in with the first like for that masterful post by @cluaindiuic.

Anyone know much is it going to cost me to change the electrical switch on a boot lock?

Excellent post.

Wonderfully informative. :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

If you draw a line from Dublin to Galway, the charging network north of that is a bit of a mess. The good news is for me I’m rarely headed in that direction. If I was I’d probably take my Octavia. There are some glaring gaps in the fast charger network. e.g. the road from Dublin to Waterford could probably do with another fast charging point along the motorway for the type of charger I use. In a perfect world, I’d put one in the new AppleGreen in Paulstown[in Kilkenny near the Carlow border].

Everything north of that line is a wasteland.

1 Like

What’s it like to drive?

Does it have to be serviced in some way?

Drives like a fast bumper car.

Servicing is a lot easier. No gears, no clutch, simplified engine. We only really have to worry about tyres and brake pads all going well. The battery has a 200000KM guarantee.

Also, it’s the lowest bracket for road tax. €120 per year.

2 Likes

Does the battery go to fuck if you drive at 140?

this is the future lads, so you better get on board

85KM at roughly 130kmph took a range of about 115KM. So you’d probably get about 150KM @ 130kmph.
So at 140kmph I’d say you’d get a range of about 100KM. But that’s an educated guess.

110kmph -> 200KM range
120kmph -> 185KM range
130kmph -> 150KM range
140kmph -> 100KM range

Something like that.

1 Like

Do you miss having gears?

Seeious question mate.

Certainly is if the Norwegians are right.