Cars

Changing car this summer.
That fucking yoke I bought two years ago broke my heart. Just a dud as the car make is generally very reliable. Should have known better than to buy from a garage in Kilkenny.

Havenā€™t a clue what Iā€™ll get. Was using my fatherā€™s Qashqai for 2/3 weeks and liked being higher up. Saw a Mazda recently (a X5 I think cc @carryharry) and it looked similar in size

Father had a 95 Cark reg one for years. The sister learnt to drive in and driving around the house one day she took a bang when she took a corner. Mondeo and wall both intact but scarred afterwards.

He got a Mondeo again a few years back but heā€™s getting on and found it tricky to park the auld roaster :rofl:

1 Like

What did you buy 2 years ago chief ?

Octavia. Not even two years ago. August 16, second hand obviously.
Ah, sheā€™d high mileage, was a ā€˜good priceā€™ from the dealer, but has just been problem after problem. Sheā€™s 2010 and Iā€™m putting her through NCT and flogging her.

Had a Golf that I bought weekend of 2009 All Ireland final up to then (with a big dirty Clare reg on it), and it never gave me a bother.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just changed the golf for the astra Sri. Must say very pleasantly surprised.

A Tipp fella driving a CE reg car. Where the fuck is your moral compass?

3 Likes

I knowā€¦Iā€™ve gone TN-KY-CE-WX and probably LH next

Itā€™s nearly as bad as being born in Kilkenny

He could be charged with treason

2 Likes

nice edit there.

1 Like

T Reg one of these, inner roaster levels achieved

:heart_eyes:

Over 20 years driving and I just had my first real tip, some Mayo lad rearended me at the Coonagh roundabout, I hadnā€™t a clue what to do to be honest, weird experience, he was aterrinly nice fella, my bumper was damaged and we agreed that Iā€™d get a price and heā€™d fix me up.
If I wasunscrupilous I could probably get my niggly back seen to but he was a sound old skin, Iā€™d say he was at his phone and at least I was on my own in the car

2 Likes

Exactly a year to the day after my accident.
Youā€™d get no luck for claiming anyway chief. Get the bumper sorted and forget about it.

1 Like

Ah fuckit Iā€™d never do that

1 Like

Youā€™d be surprised at how many money hungry cunts are out there

3 Likes

Did you take a photo of his car and yours?

Spot on

No need, I felt we connected, he wonā€™t fuck me around and Iā€™ll get it sorted at a good price, my car is ten years old, all I want is a patch up job, I donā€™t want to bankrupt the poor fucker

1 Like

I do hope you got his reg and insurance details in case.

You live and learn,