CCC Tonight, Official Prediction Thread

I reckon the Bandwagon that started with Smig Spillane sending the OB unit to hold hands with the Pride of the Pack Pug Galvin will work

Double Yellow will stand. no other action.

Galvin will sit out the Munster Final, an uneventful MFF should be enough to get the outrage directed back over the Munster Boundry and into the Leinster Council’s back yard.

The resultant press release will insist the CCCC are sticking to the Referee’s Report but what it won’t say but will strongly allude to is the history between Paddy Russell and Pug Galvin.

11 previous sendings off. Hense the intense media commentry and dictations from external sources.

if the gaa are serious about getting rid of the abuse which is becoming all too prevailent in the game then i think that galvin needs to get whats coming to him…anything else is a cop out…i believe graham gerathy got a sizable ban a few yeras ago in meath for phyisically abusing an official…if he doesnt get three months then it is a joke…i am by no means a fan of paul galvin although i do respect him as a footballer and the last thing anyone wants is for people to be getting suspended if it isnt warrented (but in this case it is) etc but justice must take its course…

3 months and i would hope he takes it on the chin and moves on…

Whats this rubbish about? Fook sake!

go back to sleep flano this doesnt concern you…grown ups are talking…

Rubbish talk. Its indecipherable

Maire, if the two yellows stand wouldn’t that mean he would have no ban at all to serve?

Personally I think they’ll do their usual fudge and bottle it. He’ll get nothing I’d say.

3 months is what I want.

Part of me sees him getting 1, maybe 2. If I was a ref I’d down tools if thats the case.

Saying that, I dont like Russell and have wanted to bawl him out of it on a few occasions when he ref’d me.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]Maire, if the two yellows stand wouldn’t that mean he would have no ban at all to serve?

Personally I think they’ll do their usual fudge and bottle it. He’ll get nothing I’d say.[/quote]

yup no ban, Kerry will stand him down against Cork. That’ll be the deal.

A nice quiet pleasant back slapping hand shaking Munster Football Final will be delivered.

The two yellows part is what makes it all so pathetic. He was talking about his huge frustration after only returning to action but he was missing nothing anyway.

Think he’ll get the 12 weeks at least and don’t see how they can get away with anything less.

Update from the grass roots

A Kerry Hennessy (just down the hall from me here) and one who married into the Parish of Finuge insists there is mitigating circumstances.

Its not his fault. Its his pedigee. His uncles were worse.

3 month ban
think he will lose the captaincy as a gesture from kerry

I’m raging I can’t access videos in work as I can’t really comment without seeing the incident.

It won’t stop me from predicting though:

1 month

I don’t know lads, but I have a bad feeling that as the ref gave him the 2nd yellow after the incident (the knocking of the notebook) happened, Kerry could try to use a loophole and deem the issue to have been “dealt with”.

Similar to the way if the player gets booked for an incident, and it later emerges that he should have been sent off for, there is no comeback as the ref dealt with the incident at the time.

I could be all wrong there. If that was the case they could get him for aggressive behaviour towards the linesman or something.

[quote=“The Runt”]I don’t know lads, but I have a bad feeling that as the ref gave him the 2nd yellow after the incident (the knocking of the notebook) happened, Kerry could try to use a loophole and deem the issue to have been “dealt with”.

Similar to the way if the player gets booked for an incident, and it later emerges that he should have been sent off for, there is no comeback as the ref dealt with the incident at the time.

I could be all wrong there. If that was the case they could get him for aggressive behaviour towards the linesman or something.[/quote]

In previous years this could have happened but there’s already been a few incidents this season where fouls that were dealt with by a yellow card at the time have retrospectively been deemed red card offences and players are now serving bans for them. The two that spring to mind are Fergal Doherty striking with the hand in the Derry-Donegal game and Kevin Reilly’s elbow in the Meath-Wexford match.

That answers that so doesn’t it. All wrapped up in a neat little package.

Correct Bandage. The rules changed last year and they now have the power to overrule situations that the referee dealt with. That Down lad was another example.

I presume Kerry will use that in their defence of Galvin alright (along with the fact he was frustrated and is a grand lad really!) but I reckon officials will go nuts if he doesn’t get banned. One of Nickey Brennan’s goals as President was to clamp down on indiscipline so it would also be embarrassing for him if Galvin got off.

I can see him getting 12 weeks that will be reduced down to 6 weeks on appeal.

Check the other thread Mac

The one thing there should definitely not be is an appeal. County Boards have to start taking their punishments on the chin. An example should be made, Nicky has done little else during his presidency he may as well leave some lasting legacy.