CCC Tonight, Official Prediction Thread

… that I wasn’t aware of some stupid GAA rule that seems to change every year

Boo hoo…

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]… that I wasn’t aware of some stupid GAA rule that seems to change every year

Boo hoo…[/quote]

It’s been like that the whole time farmer. Even back when there was no card system. 2 bookings and you were off for that game only. If the ref sent you straight off you’d miss a game or 2 depending on what the ref wrote in the report.

Seriously Farmer, this rule hasn’t changed recently.

if the games goes to extra time the sent off players team are allowed to start with 15 for the extra time…

Here’s one for ye, if a player is sent off on 2 yellows, and the game goes to extra time, is that player himself allowed back on due to it in theory being “a new game”?

Have never seen it happen so I presume its outlawed in some way?

was thinking that myself but i doubt, im sure they have something in place to stop this…

Think they have lads. Red Barry got sent off in the league final this year for 2 yellows and when it went to extra time Ben Brosnan was brought on instead of him. Dont think Red was allowed back on.

No. But the team is allowed start with 15 players again.

sure you couldnt leave a sent off fella back on…for example if he got his second booking for a late pull/tackle or something cynical then if he was to come back on he would be a marked man and any fella with a grudge would be looking to split him in two…

Wouldnt matter, GAA fellas have long memories…