CCC Tonight, Official Prediction Thread

Common sense has prevailed.

He will be back for the All Ireland if Kerry get there

What this now means is that he at least has some chance of playing GAA this year with his Club. Most likely should Kerry get to an AI final he will not start the game. However he will at least play some club ball which is the least he is entitled to do considering the minor nature of the incident in the overal scheme of things. He has been punished as it is with his Summer and dream in tatters (and rightly so for his indiscretion) but 6 months was a shocking sentence to hand down. Further proof of the GAA’s shambolic disciplinary system.

What a cop out

Not so much a cop out, but a reflection of the correct suspension being applied second time round.

I would have had no problem if he had been given a 3 month suspension the first time around, but I really think they should have stuck to their guns and reimposed the 6 month ban.

Can I ask how on earth was Donal Og Cusack playing last weekend for Cork having been sent off the previous week?

If they had given him 3 months first time around we wouldnt have seen all this shite. The system is a joke.

2 yellows in a game = suspended for duration of that game.

jesus will you stay off the board until the nominations have been deicded at least!!! Fook thats idiotic!!

Thats kinda what I mean. Did they give him the 6 months knowing in all likely hood that it would be appealed and eventually reduced to 3 months. If they thought it was a 6 month ban initially it should have stayed that way.

Do we know what the procedural error that the DRA discovered was?

[quote=“myboyblue”]Breakingnews.ie have it now

Galvin to serve three-month ban Print

The GAA have confirmed that Kerry’s Paul Galvin will serve a three-month suspension following a meeting of the reconvened CHC ( Central Hearings Committee) last night.

Galvin had originally been given a six-month ban but the Disputes Resolution Authority ruled that there were ‘procedural irregularities’ in the decision and ordered a reconstituted CHC to rule on Galvin’s case.

In a statement released today the GAA revealed that Galvin is serving penalties under category I (remainder of the game being played), II (fours weeks suspension in the same code and at the same level) and IV (12 weeks suspension at all levels and in all codes).

The suspensions will run concurrently and begins from the date of the incident so Galvin will be free to participate in the GAA All-Ireland SFC final if Kerry progress to that stage of the competition.[/quote]

Without getting into the rights and wrongs of the suspension period does anyone know why it was reduced? Do the CHC need to say that they thought the original committee were wrong or do they just hand out a new sentence and sin . I’d guess because of the procedural irregularities the first time around that they don’t need to justify any reduction because the first sentence was effectively quashed.

It’d be idiotic to give him 6 months so they could halve it upon an inevitable appeal, think of all the bad press, the cost, the trouble, the hassle…jaysus not even the GAA could be that stupid, could they?

I agree. As I tried to suggest above - I don’t think the 6 months was relevant to this case because it was a fresh trial. They don’t need to justify it as a reduction on appeal.

Seriously!!!

I never knew that…

What a load of shite…

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Seriously!!!

I never knew that…

What a load of shite…[/quote]

Farmer’s making a real surge for the IOTM vote.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Seriously!!!

I never knew that…

What a load of shite…[/quote]

ah cmon Farmer!!

Fooking hell.

Thankfully, I’ve already nominated Farmer.

3 months is adequate for Galvin, I reckon.

I was thinking the same about Donal Og. Whatever the rule is, it’s a stupid one.

You’re kidding right!!?

Jaysus Farmer you’re doing yourself no favours here…