Celeb Spotting 🐐

Bandage wrote:

A marquee evening of Celebrity Spotting last night.

I was harangued by ClarkeyCat, farmer and Jugs to go for a few pints after the astro league victory last night and after a few in McDaids and Whelan’s we made the bold decision to slum it and do the old Flannery’s/Copper’s one-two.

Flannery’s - Thurdsay 12th July, 12.25am: Sligo footballers Philip Greene and Noel Maguire drinking down at the front bar - I presume they’ve been on the beer for the last 4 days.

Same venue, 12.45am: The big spot of the evening…Shay Given strolls in on his own. The 'keeper (who is in his a$$ 6 foot 1 inch by the way) was wearing white trainers, blue denim jeans and a white shirt. He was looking very bronzed after his summer holidays and more embarrassing than the flock of birds hanging out of him was blokes like Clarkey rushing over and grabbing him and stuff. I would have thought Newcastle would be back in pre-season training but our Shay was on the lock anyway.

Shay ended up drinking with the Sligo lads and we bumped into them later in Copper’s. But the main spot in Copper’s was former Dublin midfielder and current Wexford manager, Paul ‘Bealo’ Bealin. Philip Greene told me he was somewhere in the bar so I found Jugs and we decided to go over and rip the pi$$ out of him.

Bealo was locked and we were giving it the ‘Don’t make any rash decisions about your future Paul - we really appreciate everything you’ve done for us.’ (Brought us from Division 1 to Division 3 and knocked out of the championship by Fermanagh each season). Then he goes ‘I just want to say to you now that I’d die for those lads.’ What a clown - we were in bits laughing at him. Then I said - ‘Paul, I have way, way too much respect for you to demand that you stay with us but what I will do is ask that you give it serious thought. There’s a Leinster title in this team and you’re the man to deliver it.’ He was absolutely locked and he was there ‘I fooking know I’m the man.’ Chatting to him for ages - it was gas. He’s going to be on Des Cahill’s new Road to Croker show on RTE 1 tonight at 8pm he told us.

Post edited by: Bandage, at: 2007/07/12 16:22

I was just delighted to be in the presence of so many top drawer keepers - Given, Greene, Bandage and Farmer all under one roof, who’d have thunk it.

Also, we’re short a keeper for the Mervue 6s this coming weekend so I said I’d invite Shay. He respectfully declined, citing club commitments. Did Greene score Shay’s sister? I have that in my head for some reason.

I don’t believe you guys

You didn’t mention the biggest spot of them all - the rector from Glenroe in McDaids

I’m off to Google his name - I’m nearly sure he’s from Roscummon though so I mightn’t bother

Mick Lally (Miley Byrne - Glenroe, Senior Citizens Radio spots) spotted in Duffy’s Centra on the South Circular Road (Leonard’s Corner) at 5pm (approx) on Saturday 14th of July 2007. Purchases included The Irish Times, Barry’s Tea Bags and a 6 Pack of Tuborg Beer. He also made an ATM transaction.

Post edited by: slykid, at: 2007/07/16 15:39

Mick Lally is an awful mess these days. Saw him approx this time last year. Myself, Ball Ox and another associate were in NY in a boozer on a night out. Next day, by pure fluke, we saw him staggering around near Radio City(if memory serves me) looking like a hobo.

Shane Horgan CURRENTLY walking down Clanbrassil street. 18th July 2007 17:08.

Should he not be in Poland?

I’d have thought so Slykid - are you sure of the spot?

Yeah, pretty sure of it. Certainly the right size/bulk. You see him around a bit so would know the face.

Probably on his way to Coppers.

On board the Stena Line HSS in Dn Laoghaire yesterday morning and who should I see walking/crawling onto the ferry only Shane McGowan the legend himself.

Get two scoops on!!!

Post edited by: BenShermin, at: 2007/07/19 14:43

BenShermin wrote:

On board the Stena Line HSS in Dn Laoghaire yesterday morning and who should I see walking/crawling onto the ferry only Shane McGowan the legend himself.

Get two scoops on!!!

Post edited by: BenShermin, at: 2007/07/19 14:43

I remember starting my first job (as a kitchen porter) as a fresh faced 16 year old. Arrived in at 10am to start and who was asleep on a table of the pub, only Shane McGowan still there from the night before. Apparently he’d given one of the lads a 50 tip that night.

West has just text me to say she has just spotted Rhys Sutherland in Leicester Square. More details to follow…

ClarkeyCat wrote:

West has just text me to say she has just spotted Rhys Sutherland in Leicester Square. More details to follow…

Never heard of him. Who be he?

That’s an amazing spot. Hard to mistake him for anyone else.

Bandage wrote:

ClarkeyCat wrote:

[quote]West has just text me to say she has just spotted Rhys Sutherland in Leicester Square. More details to follow…

Never heard of him. Who be he?[/quote]

High profile ex-Aussie Rules player. He was on his own walking out of a music shop wearing a brown jumper and dark baggy pants and he had a navy one strap bag on his back.

Post edited by: ClarkeyCat, at: 2007/07/19 17:40

ClarkeyCat wrote:

Bandage wrote:

[quote]ClarkeyCat wrote:

[quote]West has just text me to say she has just spotted Rhys Sutherland in Leicester Square. More details to follow…

Never heard of him. Who be he?[/quote]

High profile ex-Aussie Rules player. He was on his own walking out of a music shop wearing a brown jumper and dark baggy pants and he had a navy one strap bag on his back.

Post edited by: ClarkeyCat, at: 2007/07/19 17:40[/quote]

Cracking explanation on who Rhys Sutherland is Clarkey.

Is that the exact description of the bag you got?

It’s just hard to imagine. Usually you get a two strap bag on your back - even though you might be only using one strap. Like this one:

Or else you get a one strap bag but they’re usually worn on the shoulder like this:
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:eJ1yvLWghVk52M:http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2006/05/beckhambagPA220506_300x450.jpg

There are one strap bags worn on the back but it’s hard to imagine he went for something as youthful as this:
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:u6Qn9A4myIVZ8M:http://www.psychobabyonline.com/site/pics/533/26580/145414/203044/balistic_black_dj_bag.jpg

Jesus, that Rhys Sutherland! I was thinking of Kiefer and his Dad and those inferior Sutherlands. That’s a tremendous spot. If he’s in London then I expect to see him crop on Holby City like that other no-mark Scott Hunter did.

Saw Rob Henderson in the bar in the Radisson Hotel in Limerick there on Thursday evening. Was there with his missus (who looks up the duff by the way) and was tucking into a big steak pollihed off with a couple of pints of the black stuff. As a former Lion I don’t think he ever lived up to his full potential but I suspect thats a debated for another thread! Anyone know what he’s up to these days? Is he still contracted by Munster? Don’t think he played for them at all last season anyway.

Did he not join some French team last year? I think he left Munster anyway.

At a guess, Toulon?

May have just seen Lady Isabella Hervey at lunch. Think she’s an “it girl” as opposed to being famous for any legitimate reason. Although what makes her a Lady - she may be famous for that?

It probably wasn’t her anyway cos I’m always getting these kinda things wrong. Whoever it was she was a hottie. She played hard to get though by looking the complete opposite direction to me.