Celeb Spotting 🐐

;D ;D ;D ;D

I’d forgotten about that.

Sunday morning, 10 June, Dublin Road, approximately 1 mile outside Kilkenny City:

Wexford hurling midfielder, Diarmuid ‘Gizzy’ Lyng’ pulled over on the side of the road sitting in the driver’s seat of his car chatting to a member of the Irish police force, An Garda Siochana. Gizzy was being randomly breathalysed by the wily Gardai who were eager to catch both Wexford and Dublin folk who were on the piss from the night before along with tanked up locals travelling to the Kilkenny-Offaly game in Portlaoise.

As my driver nervously pulled over in front of Gizzy to complete the test after informing the inquisitive Garda he’d had a ‘few’ pints the night before things looked bad for young Lyng. He was there before us and was still there as we continued on our merry way after what must have been a faulty breathalyser let our driver off the hook. However, about 3 miles further up the road we were overtaken by young Lyng who powered past us on the outside.

A happy ending all round.

Your definition of celebrity is pretty loose Bandage, much like the ladies you tend to acquire.

I saw that ugly bastard of a bloke, Mick Pyro, singer with Republic of Loose strolling by the central bank on friday just gone at about 4.30, I thought rock stars didnt show their faces in public that early, Mick himself shouldnt be allowed out in daylight anyway

Of course it does as it wasn’t at the ground. See rule 3a, subsection 2f, of the celeb spotting rules.

Legendary North End United manager John “Godky” Godkin. Spotted on the 6pm Ardcavan bus from Dublin to Wexico. Sitting 2 seats from the front, dressed casually in jeans and t-shirt.

This over shadows somewhat my spot yesterday of magician Keith Barry at Westwood leisure centre, Leopardstown. Mr Barry was relaxing in the pool and then spent some time in the jacuzzi. He was wearing blue swimming trunks and looks to carrying some excess baggage in the gut area.

Spotted Ger Gilroy last week on Geroge’s St, and he looked like a vagabond. Also spotted developer Sean Dunne last Mon on Capel St in Dublin. Mr Dunne looked rather puszzled as to why the councillors were even questioning his Trump Towers plan. Mr Dunne sported a grey suit and looked rather dapper, he was surrounded by what looked like a posee of solicitors.

And lest I forget current affairs DJ Vicent Browne, spotted in the Capel Building, Mary’s Abbey ,Dublin 7. The spotting occurred last Tuesday. Mr Browne looked like he was completely lost staring vaguely in the direction he was standing in before seeking assistance from security. He was wearing what appeared to be a tweed jacket from my vantage point and is clearly in need of a hair cut/styling session.

Appendage, you jammy fook. Can’t believe you met Goddy.

Literally just had one in the last hour myself on my way home from work.

Irish comedian David O’Doherty was spotted strolling along a side street just off Waterloo Road in the heart of Dublin 4.

Some of you may not know him but he has a new show on RTE2 on either a Monday or Tuesday night called The Modest Adventures of David O’Doherty. Every week he takes on a new weird, freaky challenge. I have only watched one episode where he tried to get a song in the Irish top 30 and it was pretty rubbish.

He has very messy hair (even messier than rocko’s) and was wearing a hoodie, baggy jeans and had those ridiculously big headphones on his head. I presume he was listening to music.

And while I’m at it…met Clare boss Paidi O’Se today at 12noon in The Boar’s Head D7. Mr O’Se, now a newstalk DJ was having a cup of tea with the owner of the establishment and was wearing a light grey suit.

Also, met Dublin hero Barney Rock in the same pub at lunchtime last Tueday. Mr Rock was wearing a light blue shirt and navy slacks. Sat beside Mr Rock and engaged him in pleasant conversation, a very pleasant fellow. His mood darkened somewhat when i quizzed him about Liam Harnan’s shoulder charge in 91 and I swiftly finished my lunch and left.

Date: Saturday 23 June, 2007
Time: 1700 (GMT)
Venue: Whitford House Hotel, Newline Road, Wexford
Celebrities: Sen Connick, TD, and John Browne, TD.

I was having a few early evening pints in the hazy sun in the drinking area outside Whitford with my brother-in-law when a procession of cars entered the premises. Among those to emerge from the cars were the above named TDs. Both were wearing sombre dark suits and retreated inside hastily for a feed. Further investigation revealed there had earlier been an event to mark the anniversary of the opening of the Irish National Heritage Park down in Ferrycarrig and the politicians had come up for some food and a few drinks once that had ended.

Post edited by: Bandage, at: 2007/06/23 19:01

Smellthebenjy returns with two quality spots from earlier today.

At circa 1 p.m., Wexford football centre-back David Murphy alighting from his new home in The Green, Clonard Village, Wexford, and gliding rather nimbly, in the way physically fit people do, into his car parked directly outside. Dressed in casual garb of green and white tee-shirt and tracksuit bottoms, presumably got the day off work from PFPC to enable him to focus on the Laois challenge.

At circa 3 p.m., Wexford Youths midfield dynamo Paul ‘Patsy’ Malone alighting from the rear of a Ford Fiesta otherwise populated by ugly birds in the High Street car park which has been practically taken over by building personnel from the nearby Theatre Royal. He was carrying a dress suit and clearly was heading for Fitzgerald’s or Charles Pierce’s so I desisted from engaging in conversation with him or from shaking the hand of a true sporting icon and hero. Youths, youths, youths, youths, youths, youths, youths…

Godky? Goddy? I think you’ll find it’s Goggy actually. What a legend…St.Mary’s (Maudlintown) would never have won the Junior ‘A’ football championship title of 1983 without his stellar contribution at right corner-back.

Undoubtedly ranks among the top five sportspeople to dwell in Liam Mellows Park along with cuemaster supreme Rodney Goggins, greyhound trainer par excellence Liam Butler Jnr., Mr. Soccer Jack Carthy and All-Ireland camogie medal winner Mary Sheil.

Rumour has it that Goggy is hot favourite to get the gig when the ribbon is cut to mark the official opening of the new Lidl superstore which is within a long throw of his humble abode.

I presume that wasn’t a Celtic top that David Murphy was wearing was it Benjy? Two top-class celebs there. Real A-List stuff.

Mick Galwey drinking pints of Guinness on his own outside Kehoe’s last night. He was wearing a suit and spent most of the time on his phone whilst sipping away. He was there when I arrived at 5.35pm and was gone by 7pm.

Today, 5.30pm, Lower Baggot Street: That complete and utter prick Ryan Tubridy strolling along down towards Baggot Street Bridge with a grey-haired male companion. The arrogant, self indulgent cock was wearing brown shoes, blue jeans and a grey sports coat type thing that had patches on its elbows. That’s the second time I’ve spotted this fook wearing a jacket with elbow patches. I don’t like him in case you hadn’t gathered.

A marquee evening of Celebrity Spotting last night.

I was harangued by ClarkeyCat, farmer and Jugs to go for a few pints after the astro league victory last night and after a few in McDaids and Whelan’s we made the bold decision to slum it and do the old Flannery’s/Copper’s one-two.

Flannery’s - Thurdsay 12th July, 12.25am: Sligo footballers Philip Greene and Noel Maguire drinking down at the front bar - I presume they’ve been on the beer for the last 4 days.

Same venue, 12.45am: The big spot of the evening…Shay Given strolls in on his own. The 'keeper (who is in his a$$ 6 foot 1 inch by the way) was wearing white trainers, blue denim jeans and a white shirt. He was looking very bronzed after his summer holidays and more embarrassing than the flock of birds hanging out of him was blokes like Clarkey rushing over and grabbing him and stuff. I would have thought Newcastle would be back in pre-season training but our Shay was on the lock anyway.

Shay ended up drinking with the Sligo lads and we bumped into them later in Copper’s. But the main spot in Copper’s was former Dublin midfielder and current Wexford manager, Paul ‘Bealo’ Bealin. Philip Greene told me he was somewhere in the bar so I found Jugs and we decided to go over and rip the pi$$ out of him.

Bealo was locked and we were giving it the ‘Don’t make any rash decisions about your future Paul - we really appreciate everything you’ve done for us.’ (Brought us from Division 1 to Division 3 and knocked out of the championship by Fermanagh each season). Then he goes ‘I just want to say to you now that I’d die for those lads.’ What a clown - we were in bits laughing at him. Then I said - ‘Paul, I have way, way too much respect for you to demand that you stay with us but what I will do is ask that you give it serious thought. There’s a Leinster title in this team and you’re the man to deliver it.’ He was absolutely locked and he was there ‘I fooking know I’m the man.’ Chatting to him for ages - it was gas. He’s going to be on Des Cahill’s new Road to Croker show on RTE 1 tonight at 8pm he told us.

Post edited by: Bandage, at: 2007/07/12 16:22

are you an alcoholic?

fingal raven wrote:

are you an alcoholic?

No. Moderation is the key.

coppers on a wednesday ???
countless drunken spiteful texts sent to me at all hours on sunday nights
Friday night you were knocking back pints like there was no tomorrow

doesnt sound like moderation

Good stuff lads with the “fairly Shitty” sightings.

I’ve seen Christy, Jimmy, Lorcan RIP, Sarah, Kylie, Niamh and Nicola together in Ballsbridge and the black chap Josuah waiting on a 19A bus to carrickstown.

I was in itsa Bagel in Dn Laoghaire there last Wednesday and who should I see ordering a coffee but the man of a million voices himself, Mario Rosenstock what a legend that guy is!!