Celeb Spotting šŸ

While in the security queue at Cork Airport (0615am, Monday 23/07/2007), I spotted Fine Gael TD for Cork North Central Bernard Allen.

I thought he would be flying with the more businesslike Aer Arann, but I was shocked to see him board the 0645am Ryanair Flight to Dublin, if Fine Gael are flying Ryanair then the oppositions purse strings must be tighter than nuns knickers! I had to fly on the 0700am Aer Arann flight with no celebraties on board, I was really sad!!

Farmer has a scarecrow with a camera in it which he places on Stevenā€™s Green every lunchtime

Flano wrote:

Just something I need to ask.

How were you on Grafton Street and in the IFSC at the same time?

I wasnā€™t Flano - that was a typo. It is now modified.
Thanks for drawing attention to it.

Some celebrity spots from the Galway Races on Friday, 3rd August. All are GAA related so donā€™t read on if the national games are of no interest to you.

Dublin footballer, Paul Casey, chatting to a group of ladies in the Tote Bar between races. He was wearing a dark coloured suit.

Laois footballer, Chris Conway, barging through the betting ring before the 4th race and moaning about the crowds as he did so. He was wearing a blue shirt (top button opened) and a pair of chords.

GAA pundit and former Galway manager, Cyril Farrell, standing at the edge of the betting ring before the 5th race. Cyril was wearing beige slacks (the type that older gentlemen often wear) and a light coloured shirt. He also had a black manā€™s bag draped over his shoulder which surprised me somewhat. We exchanged a polite ā€˜helloā€™ and then moved on.

The black man will be very annoyed when he finds out Cyril had his bag.

therock67 wrote:

The black man will be very annoyed when he finds out Cyril had his bag.

True. I believe he was looking for it everywhere.

Spotted Irish Rugby World Cup panelist Colin ā€œCollyā€ Lowe at lunchtime walking between Camden and Harcourt Street. While I wouldā€™ve expected to see him in his Canterbury gear, he was sporting a suit and was bespectacled. Colly smiled, said hello and had a very pleasant demeanour.

A lot expected of this young man - letā€™s hope he can make the step up from mixed tip rugby.

RTE television presenter Duncan Stewart driving out the entrance to the Mount Saint Annes development in Milltown. Didnā€™t get a look at what he was wearing as it was on the verge of darkness. He was driving an environmentally friendly Toyota Prius as you would expect of a man like Duncan. He was stopped at traffic lights as I crossed the road and stared into his car, he seemed to smile as he realised myself and my companion were nudging eachother saying thereā€™s Duncan. He carried on his journey eastwards on Milltown road towards Ranelagh/Eglinton Road. We ran after the car before finally losing sight as he rounded a slight bend at the Milltown Institute.

Saw Mick off Fair City on level 2 of the Square looking quite shifty. Probbably staking out some shop for a future crime.

Saturday, 18th August 2007 (5.30pm):

Former Kerry football great and television comedian Pat Spillane walking down Haddington Road, Dublin 4 wearing a red jacket (zip opened), blue shirt and cream trousers.

He was staring at the ground in front of him and was walking purposefully in the direction of Landsdowne Road rather than up towards Baggot Street.

Again I seen Mick off fair city this time at the luas stop in Kingswood in yesterday morning. Must be using the Luas for his evil schemes.

Gary Cooke aka the guy who does Dunphy in Apres Match strolling down Grafton Street last Wednesday having made a purchase in HMV

Friday, 24th August, 2007, 10.10am:

On Waterloo Road, Dublin 4 I spotted previously undefeated European Super-Bantamweight Champion, Bernard Dunne, strolling up the road from Baggot Street direction. An elderly gentleman was accompanying him on his walk and Bernard was wearing white trainers, black tracksuit bottome and a black and yellow sweatshirt (same colours as those he wears in the ring).

The weigh-in for his fights always take place in the Burlington Hotel the day before the event and I also believe Bernard stays in the hotel for the few days beforehand so I imagine he was out for a bit of a walk and some fresh air ahead of his title defence last night.

Fook me - he took some hiding from the Spaniard.

Post edited by: Bandage, at: 2007/08/26 20:06

Sorry Bandage I was supposed to post that for you but I had neither a phone nor a computer when you texted me so I didnā€™t get to post it.

That was some beating he took alright. I hope we get to see more of that Martinez guy because he looked awesome. Makes you think Brian Peters did a cracking job in building Dunneā€™s reputation up and getting to fill the Point while he never really beat anyone of note.

Does spotting the Wexford Senior Camogie panel en masse at Croke Park count as a celeb spot? They werenā€™t there in a playing capacity - just to watch the Dublin v Kerry game.

Second that spot.

There was a couple of them were surprisingly alright looking.

Unbelievable lack of interest in the match though.

Thanks for the confirmation Fats. Obviously I knew who it was straight away but you know how you start to doubt yourself after a while and youā€™re wondering whether it actually is the camogie panel or not?

Dublin Airport 29th August 2007 09:10

Kevin Moran arriving through gate A 12 after a flight from Manchester. Moran was besuited in a black 2-piece with an open neck shrt and no tie.

Speculated with Bandage that he was returning from agentsā€™ duties in the UK.

therock67 wrote:

Dublin Airport 29th August 2007 09:10

Kevin Moran arriving through gate A 12 after a flight from Manchester. Moran was besuited in a black 2-piece with an open neck shrt and no tie.

That was my spot and it was I who pointed it out to a English broadsheet reading rocko.

B-List Irish actor Liam Cunningham standing outside a Baggot Street Brasserie yesterday afternoon at approximately 3pm in deep conversation with another gent and wearing light coloured slacks and a questionable tight black jumper.

Bandage wrote:

therock67 wrote:

[quote]Dublin Airport 29th August 2007 09:10

That was my spot and it was I who pointed it out to a English broadsheet reading rocko.[/quote]

It wasnā€™t a broadsheet. It was in the Berliner format. And I think I was just about to see him when you pointed him out so Iā€™d have spotted him anyway.