Celeb Spotting 🐐

On behalf of Slykid who’s at some kind of rock and roll festival:

Hirsute Irish Times rugby correspondent Gerry Thornley in Gleesons on Booterstown Avenue. Drinking a pint of Carlsberg.

Caroline Morohan and Pamela Flood on Henry St Thursday at 1.05pm, 1.06pm, 1.07pm and 1.08pm (i felt compelled to walk past a few times to maximise my ogling). They had a camera crew and were looking for people from the general public to ask questions etc presumably about auld biddies’ fashion (judging by the yoke they settled on).

Pamela looked a little old and haggard, Caroline looked superb even if she was wearing far too many clothes. Lips like El Hadj Diouf…

Thanks Fats for off-site Gerry Thornley report.

New Sighting: Twink (Zip up yer mickey) in back of chauffeur driven Mercedes on Foster Avenue yesterday at about 3ish. Motorola bluetooth headset. Sony Clie (Palm OS) PDA. Alice band in hair. Talking. Incessantly.

Saturday night at Gogarty’s in Temple Bar. Two members of the magic numbers. To be specific I have later learned they were Michele Stodart and Angela Gannon. This reporter engaged in coverstation with them and they were both very cheerful. They were drinking ahead of what I suspect was an Electric Picnin performance.

Annabels innocent man Dermot Laide walking ouside Mulligans of Polbeg Street last Friday afternoon. He cut a quite forlorn figure wearing jeans and a shirt. This reporter had to stare at him intensely so as to determine whether it was indeed him, which it was, but to which he seemed to take offence to. If looks could kill…

Joan Burton and Eamonn Gilmore ouside Lberty Hall on Saturday. Yes Joan is an incredibly ugly person.

Trevor Sargeant outisde the IFSC yesterday

Post edited by: farmerinthecity, at: 2007/09/04 18:12

That’s a belter of a spot Farmer. Waster doesn’t even have a job by the sounds of it. That’s some way to repay his legal team.

Piper - details on the conversation with the Magic Numbers please.

therock67 wrote:

Piper - details on the conversation with the Magic Numbers please.

Asked the fat bassist lady a closed question with regard to her musical tastes.

Am I correct in stating the two birds in The Magic Numbers are huge, ugly messes?

Can’t believe I missed out on them.

Bandage wrote:

Am I correct in stating the two birds in The Magic Numbers are huge, ugly messes?

Can’t believe I missed out on them.

One is very large but the other is quite an attractive lady.

Date: 06/09/07
Time: 4.55 pm
As the dancingbaby, the croppy and myself were leaving the races who did we see only Willie Frazer organiser of the Love Ulster Parade. I was the first to spot Mr Frazer and notified the croppy who was unsure if it was him. The dancingbaby was confident it was and approached him and could hear his Ulster accent as he collected his winnings. The Irishman was dressed in a waiscoat, shirt and slacks and wore a pair of glasses. I was going to ask him to organise a love Laytown event but reconisedered as it could be insensitive to the people of Bettystown.

Lovely of him to grace your home town with his presence Lawrence. Did anyone fling a chair in his direction?

Another cracking spot there larryduff.

I had one yesterday at lunchtime at approximately 1.35pm (on my way back to the office after a nice, romantic luncheon date with ClarkeyCat) when I walked past Ross O’Carroll-Kelly, aka Sunday Tribune journalist, Paul Howard, outside Doheny’s and Nesbitt’s.

I was coming from a northern direction heading southbound, while he was walking up Baggot Street towards Stephen’s Green. He was wearing a green ‘ralph lauren’ polo shirt and blue jeans and was carrying a black bag. I couldn’t make out if this was a laptop bag or a traditional hold-all type.

Yeah it was a real treat. Only saw him briefly but he seemed to go largely unnoticed.

Dave McSavage in the Oak on Dame Street on Saturday. He didnt say much but I did ask him if he knew PJ Gallagher because I had seen him the previous night. He said he did and that the guy who did the warm up for PJ was sitting at the bar.

Bumper day yesterday on a rare trip to town. Upon exiting the vodafone store atop Grafton street I turned right to be blinded by a bright orange glare emanating from your one with the eyebrows and her perma-tan. She was doing a photoshoot for 3 and looked shocking. Turning right, I proceeded down an uneventful south-Anne st before proceeding to the goldmine that is molesworth st. Immediately blindsided by tom thumb Tom Dunne who passed literally under my nose, I recovered only to nearly take a loaf from none other than Charlie Bird as he lifted his head on the phone. Visage still intact, I immediately passed Darragh Maloney bemoaning the Irish public’s high expectations of the egg-chasers. These 3 were all in the space of 30 yards or about 15 celeb-dazzled seconds. WHAT A DAY

Juhniallio wrote:

Bumper day yesterday on a rare trip to town. Upon exiting the vodafone store atop Grafton street I turned right to be blinded by a bright orange glare emanating from your one with the eyebrows and her perma-tan. She was doing a photoshoot for 3 and looked shocking. Turning right, I proceeded down an uneventful south-Anne st before proceeding to the goldmine that is molesworth st. Immediately blindsided by tom thumb Tom Dunne who passed literally under my nose, I recovered only to nearly take a loaf from none other than Charlie Bird as he lifted his head on the phone. Visage still intact, I immediately passed Darragh Maloney bemoaning the Irish public’s high expectations of the egg-chasers. These 3 were all in the space of 30 yards or about 15 celeb-dazzled seconds. WHAT A DAY

Unbelievable scenes in Dublin 2.

Juhniallio wrote:

I reckon all of them are posting about spotting you on their preferred forums today Juhniallio.

This might even be more impressive than a celebrity spot. It was a pub ‘lock-in’ facilitated by a celebrity. There’s a new Scottish chef in Fair City. The character, Gordon McGregor, was hired by Mike and Geraldine to implement a revamp of The Bistro’s menu. Anyway, the actor is played by Nicky Elliott, a lad from Glasgow that supplements his income by doing a bit of bar work in a pub I frequent. On Saturday night after the Ireland game Nicky allowed a few regulars to stay behind after hours and get locked on double vodkas. I didn’t feel out of place moving in such esteemed circles as I once had a drink with Nuala Carey.

Bandage wrote:

This might even be more impressive than a celebrity spot. It was a pub ‘lock-in’ facilitated by a celebrity. There’s a new Scottish chef in Fair City. The character, Gordon McGregor, was hired by Mike and Geraldine to implement a revamp of The Bistro’s menu. Anyway, the actor is played by Nicky Elliott, a lad from Glasgow that supplements his income by doing a bit of bar work in a pub I frequent. On Saturday night after the Ireland game Nicky allowed a few regulars to stay behind after hours and get locked on double vodkas. I didn’t feel out of place moving in such esteemed circles as I once had a drink with Nuala Carey.

That fella was a moody knob. Not impressive at all.

He’s an actor Clarkey. Probably not used to dealing with riff raff like yourself.