Celeb Spotting šŸ

Actor - Fair City. Dont see the connection myself

Iā€™m off to set up an ā€˜Offical Fair City - has Bella died yet?ā€™ thread.

Belter of a spot on my way home from work there 15 minutes ago. Spotted Kev of Late Late Toy Show and Stream fame crossing the road at the pedestrian crossing by the junction of Mespill Road and Baggot Street. The former child superstar was wearing blue jeans and a grey hoodie. He also had one of those shoulder bags that have the velcro strap and he was with a male friend. As I stopped to note what direction they were taking I was able to confirm that they were both heading into Burger King on Upper Baggot Street across the road from The Wellington Bar. At that stage I left them to their own devices and continued on home.

Bandage wrote:

Belter of a spot on my way home from work there 15 minutes ago. Spotted Kev of Late Late Toy Show and Stream fame crossing the road at the pedestrian crossing by the junction of Mespill Road and Baggot Street. The former child superstar was wearing blue jeans and a grey hoodie. He also had one of those shoulder bags that have the velcro strap and he was with a male friend. As I stopped to note what direction they were taking I was able to confirm that they were both heading into Burger King on Upper Baggot Street across the road from The Wellington Bar. At that stage I left them to their own devices and continued on home.

Best spot ever!

Flashback of a spot from last Friday night when I was pissed. Funny that I only remembered it literally a few minutes ago. Myself, Clarkey and Farmer sneaked out of thefreekick.com pre-season training camp and got locked. We stumbled into Eddie Rocketā€™s on Camden Street at about 2.30am and who was sitting there at the table across from us with a male friend only comedian, Des Bishop. He was wearing some strange blue coloured outfit but I canā€™t really recall what. He was drinking a large glass of milk but I didnā€™t get close enough to find out what he was eating. He left before us and we decided not to follow him.

Bilbao Airport, Basque Country, 13th September 2007, 14:40 local time

Irish Times Political Correspondent Stephen Collins at Iberia check-in desk for Aer Lingus flight to Dublin. Stephen was wearing a blue shirt (no tie) and darker trousers. He was accompanied by another lady, perhaps his wife, in a brownish-grey suit. Iā€™m speculating Stephen was on holiday in the Bilbao region and that the lady in question is his wife.

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/3646/dsc00106cz6.jpg

A smashing holiday spot - it could be his mistress and now itā€™s all over the internet.

Great spot. Strange that he decided to take his holidays when the Taoiseach is currently giving evidence in relation to extremely iirregular money dealings. Maybe its not so surprising though when you consider he wrote a book on the PDā€™s. Perhaps heā€™s a supporter of theirs.

Another one from that part of the worldā€¦

Manu Chao, last Sunday evening, cycling through the streets of Barcelonas Barri Gothic sitting down on a little BMX, wearing a bright green t-shirt, knee-lenght shorts and a broad smile.

Hey Souldressing, did you bump into benshermin? he was in Barcelona last weekend

Before Flano claims I using a collegeues spot from earlier on that day I seen him too. Ten past 3 on the high street in Tallaght former World Snooker Alex ā€œHurricaneā€ Higgins coming out of Celtic Bookmakers looking very down with a smoke in his hand and heading towards Kilcawleys. :wink:

He always seems to be gambling, like the time I saw him storming his way up Georges/Aungier street to get to the 78 Club.

Dublin football selector Paul Clarke at the Banklink in Raheny at 12:55pm today. Clarke was wearing a brown or grey jacket due to the inclement weather but his navy cop pants suggested he had his uniform on underneath - heā€™s an Airport Policeman by profession. He made a withdrawal of 100 from what I could see, though it was hard to get a good luck without looking suspicious.

I have a few to report over the past few days too.

Monday evening, 17th Sep, 6.30pm: Driving down Raglan Road on the way out to astro in Sandymount and who did Jugs and I spot for the second time in a week only Kev of Late, Late Toy Show fame. He was crossing the road and stopped on a traffic island in the middle as we sped merrily past him. He must live in that neck of the woods. Given that I was mentally preparing for the 7pm kick-off I didnā€™t take in his attire.

Today, 19th Sep, 1.30pm: Leaving Caf Insane on Dawson Street after lunch with Clarkey and Farmer when I spotted Minister for Social Welfare (I think thatā€™s the portfolio he was assigned after the election anyway) Martin Cullen sitting at one of the outside tables with 3 other gentlemen. The minister was wearing a navy pinstripe suit and looked quite shook and haggard. I didnā€™t want to be a leech so I moved on quickly and made my way back to work.

One sent in by lapsed forum member cesc4 via sms (apologies in advance for the profane language):

Today, 19th Sep, 11am: ā€œJust spotted Lou Macari in the airport. He was wearing a black suit and looks pretty worn, akin to a homeless cooont. He was hobbling around as if one leg is shorter than the other too. Oh and I saw him zipping up his fly on the way out of the jacks. That wig really does it for me. Cooont.ā€

Kev again. Legend.

really doesnā€™t qualify as a celeb spot but itā€™s been so long iā€™m going to mention it anyway - Brendan Kilkenny, that serial loser who used to prance around in front of the cameras like a retard on speed for all those pop idol type singing programmes. He was spotted on Talbot St. yesterday at 1.20 wearing a ridiculous cheap cream suit (probably just purchased in Guineys) and was walking with a spring in his step as though people couldnā€™t actually see the fooking state of him.

Just spotted and chatted to Sligo football 'keeper, Philip Greene, in Osmosis pub in Glasgowā€™s Jamaica Street ahead of the game tonight. An affable chap but seemed terribly stupid.

A goalkeeper with intelligence would have been a shock to be fair.

Clarkey and Farmer spotted Kerry full forward and Tralee Tiger, Ciaran Donaghy in Flanneryā€™s at 11pm approx last night. The big Footballer of the Year 2006 was wearing a red tshirt with Dominican Republic and the number 27 on the back. Donaghy was in a round with 5 chums (some wearing Kerry polo shirts), comprising 6 vodkas and 2 red bulls. The lads seemed very well on it and this reporter chuckled when after ordering he heard Donaghy ask for a pint glash of ishe and some shtraws. Clarkey and Farmer were said to be disgusted by some reasonably attractive ladies flocking to Donaghy. Oh, and he also gave the barman ā€œone for himshelfā€.

No trying to stir it here but can GAA players really be classified as celebs? I wouldnt know any of them. Theyā€™re all just normal working lads who play a game in their spare time. If thats the case then Im a celebrity