Celeb Spotting 🐐

:pint:

:clap: well done sir

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.

I got grief for being insensitive towards Wexford getting hammered by Dublin last year and you come out with that.

Shameful.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.

I got grief for being insensitive towards Wexford getting hammered by Dublin last year and you come out with that.

Shameful.[/QUOTE]

Settle :pint:

Who:Jim Power( Friends First Chief Economist)
Where: Croke Park
When: Today supporting Dublin hurlers
Why: Although being a waterford man and supporting their losers last year he is exiled long enough in Dublin to support them.
Wearing: Dublin GAA rain jacket and jeans
Other info: was with his wife and kids.

Also in attendance today was Cathal MaCoille presenter of Morning Ireland on Radio one who has been previously spotted in Phibsboro on his bicycle which is his prefered mode of transport.

Phibsborough is a fine part of the city, hardly surprising that people like to cycle through it and do minimum ecological damage

Speaking of Morning Ireland, whatever happened to David Hanly? Used to have a fine voice for radio, never hear him now though. He got sick at one stage and that’s the last I heard of him.

He retired, as did the bloke that read ‘what it says on the papers’.

The bloke that read “What it says in the papers” used to do that from Donegal or somewhere I think. Cushy number. Just get up a bit early have a read of the papers, read them out a bit and then back to bed for a few hours.

Anyway spot of my own:

Who: World Champion athlete and RT pundit Eamonn Coughlan
Where: Some cafe type place in Cork off Oliver Plunkett Street, might be called Zak’s or something (food was mediocre)
When: Saturday at 13:13
Wearing: Green polo shirt t-shirt thing and some trousers that didn’t catch my attention.
Notable: The following dialogue took place as Mr Coughlan left the premises

Rocko - Eh is that your phone
[Rocko points to phone-like device, possibly a PDA on a table that Coughlan had just vacated]
Coughlan - Do you know what? It is alright. I knew that was going to happen
Rocko - Huh
[Coughlan goes to retrieve phone. Then he returns to re-exit]
Coughlan - Thanks for that, I had a feeling I’d forget it when I put it on the table
Rocko - No bother.
[Rocko debates adding Eamonn to the end of that sentence but pauses awkwardly instead while still staring at the man. In an effort to break the tension, Rocko places a hand on Coughlan’s shoulder and continues speaking]
Rocko - … no bother at all.
[Coughlan leaves the scene]
Mrs Rocko - Was that John Treacy?

[quote=“therock67”]The bloke that read “What it says in the papers” used to do that from Donegal or somewhere I think. Cushy number. Just get up a bit early have a read of the papers, read them out a bit and then back to bed for a few hours.

Anyway spot of my own:

Where: Some cafe type place in Cork off Oliver Plunkett Street, might be called Zak’s or something (food was mediocre)
Wearing: Green polo shirt t-shirt thing and some trousers that didn’t catch my attention.

[Rocko points to phone-like device, possibly a PDA on a table that Coughlan had just vacated]
Rocko - Huh
Coughlan - Thanks for that, I had a feeling I’d forget it when I put it on the table
Rocko - No bother.
[Rocko debates adding Eamonn to the end of that sentence but pauses awkwardly instead while still staring at the man. In an effort to break the tension, Rocko places a hand on Coughlan’s shoulder and continues speaking]
Mrs Rocko - Was that John Treacy?[/QUOTE]

:mad:

[quote=“therock67”]The bloke that read “What it says in the papers” used to do that from Donegal or somewhere I think. Cushy number. Just get up a bit early have a read of the papers, read them out a bit and then back to bed for a few hours.

Anyway spot of my own:

Rocko - Huh
Rocko - No bother.
Mrs Rocko - Was that John Treacy?[/QUOTE]

Quality stuff. :mad:

Best bit was Rocko placing his hand on his shoulder - social leper!

Who:Niall Mellon
Famous For:Hes an entreprenaur type who set up a big charity for building houses in Capetown,basically it involves getting Beamer driving D4 heads to agree to part with 6 or 7 grand to work in a slum for a Week,they feel fulfilled,he fills his pockets,everybodys happy.
Where:Brunos Chipper,Thomastown,Co Kilkenny.
When:Yesterday at around 7.30pm.
Attire:Casual looking,blue jeans a pinky shirt,navy and blue Timberland sleeveless coat,dark brown slip on shoes.
Other notes:A few,he was beside me at the counter for about 5 minutes waiting for his burger and chips,when they came along he paid and left before jumping into an 08D reg Range Rover that was parked outside the door,id assume it was his.He recently said in the national media that he had lost most of his fortune in this recession,he didnt look overly worried about that,if he wants to look poor ill swap my Citroen C4 Picasso for the Range Rover no problem.

Who: Niall O’Farrell
Famous For: Starring in RTE’s version of The Dragon’s Den and founding Black Tie
Where: O’Donohues
When: Friday at 19:45
Wearing: Dark pinstriped suit, one of those stupid shirts with a white collar and pinstripes.
Other notes: He walked up and down the beer garden 3 or 4 times, he walked like he had a poker stuck up his hole. He was taller than he looked on TV.

[quote=“Mullach Ide”]Who: Niall O’Farrell
Famous For: Starring in RTE’s version of The Dragon’s Den and founding Black Tie
Where: O’Donohues
When: Friday at 19:45
Wearing: Dark pinstriped suit, one of those stupid shirts with a white collar and pinstripes.
Other notes: He walked up and down the beer garden 3 or 4 times, he walked like he had a poker stuck up his hole. He was taller than he looked on TV.[/QUOTE]

I’d say 99% of people who wear those tacky banker pin-striped suits are tossers. (see Roddy Collins and even Louis Copeland himself)

[quote=“THE LINK WALSH”]Who:Niall Mellon
Famous For:Hes an entreprenaur type who set up a big charity for building houses in Capetown,basically it involves getting Beamer driving D4 heads to agree to part with 6 or 7 grand to work in a slum for a Week,they feel fulfilled,he fills his pockets,everybodys happy.
Where:Brunos Chipper,Thomastown,Co Kilkenny.
When:Yesterday at around 7.30pm.
Attire:Casual looking,blue jeans a pinky shirt,navy and blue Timberland sleeveless coat,dark brown slip on shoes.
Other notes:A few,he was beside me at the counter for about 5 minutes waiting for his burger and chips,when they came along he paid and left before jumping into an 08D reg Range Rover that was parked outside the door,id assume it was his.He recently said in the national media that he had lost most of his fortune in this recession,he didnt look overly worried about that,if he wants to look poor ill swap my Citroen C4 Picasso for the Range Rover no problem.[/QUOTE]

not a spot

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Who: Katherine Lynch
Famous For: Not being funny
When: Saturday, 4 July, 8.45pm.
Where: Pairc Sean MacDiarmuida, Carrick-on-Shannon.
Wearing: yellow rain jacket and flat shoes
Other Information: As I walked out the stand onto the pitch, Ms Lynch was there with her mother and brother and cut rather forlorn figures like much of the rest of the Leitrim following. Someone was speaking to her about Celebrity Bainsteoir and she replied that ‘Ah it was good auld craic alright’.

[/QUOTE]

She was sitting 2 rows in front of me Farmer, and to be honest, she didn’t seem to give a fiddlers about the match.

Why not?,RTE have done two documenteries about this fellas charity and his aid work has been heralded around the World,he doesnt own or work in the chipper that i spotted him in,hes isnt a food critic either,wheres the problem?

:rolleyes:[quote=“north county corncrake”]not a spot[/QUOTE]

Seeing as NCC as offered no reason why my spotting of Niall Mellon in a Thomastown take away should be declared invalid im hereby declaring it a valid spot.

we can spot big stars in the sticks too ya know;),they arent all in Donohues(where ever that is,tis full of celebs anyway according to this e-place) seven days a Week.

Where were you sitting Baby? I was in the main stand - strange I didn’t see you somewhere. It is not as if either of us are difficult to spot.

Seeing as NCC as offered no reason why my spotting of Niall Mellon in a Thomastown take away should be declared invalid im hereby declaring it a valid spot.

we can spot big stars in the sticks too ya know;),they arent all in Donohues(where ever that is,tis full of celebs anyway according to this e-place) seven days a Week.[/QUOTE]

I’m astounded that there was a celeb spot in Thomastown. Quality stuff Link, well done